McMaster-Carr... again.
(02-23-2021, 06:42 PM)EdK Wrote: I got the exact same crap from McMaster in California today. Someone tried removing the "Shars" text. I'll complain and see what happens.

Ed

Did you ever hear back from them Ed?

I see they are still showing the arbors are in-stock and they are still listed as coming from France. I'm starting to get the feeling they aren't actually going to send me one even though they said they would... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
I gave up. Pretty sad. I use to be able to count on McMaster for reasonable quality stuff.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yeah I agree. They have moved down quite a ways on my 'purchase from' list. My last two orders that would have normally went to them went elsewhere instead. Delivery took a little longer but I got exactly what I expected to get and it was a bit cheaper too. Losing hobbyist sales won't hurt them any and they obviously won't miss them. It is sad.

I don't know what they did to AvE but it prompted him to make a video of taking his McMaster catalog to the range and shooting it. I'll bet there is a story behind that one!  Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
They probably got bought out my MSC. If so, they are certainly doomed.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yesterday I noticed that McMaster had deposited a refund in my bank account for $19.55. No clue as to why but maybe they're fixing the problem with the crap arbors and are sending out refunds to those who got stuck with the junk. Now they show that arbor won't be available for 6 weeks. Chin

Willie,

Check your account and see if you got the refund.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, I looked and saw a refund from McMaster for $7.56 pending. So it looks like they decided to return my shipping charge after all - 2 months after the fact. I also looked at the stock status on the arbors and it is showing up to 7 weeks now. At least they are doing something.

I still have to wonder if they doing this for everybody that purchased those arbors or just the ones who caught it and complained? Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Prolly just those who complained. They have to figure the others didn't have a problem with it.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
AKA: Plausible deniability. Angel
Willie
Thanks given by:
I just got notice of a UPS delivery for today from McMaster. I haven't ordered anything else from them so it can only be one thing. Then I checked my CC statement and sure enough they charged my card for the full amount again.

I give up. Smiley-gen151
Willie
Thanks given by:
Let us know if you end up getting the same crap arbor. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by: