Share your prints
(02-13-2022, 11:49 PM)Vinny Wrote: How long before the label start falling off?
That's my concern with stick on labels. It gets real hot down here so I don't think they'd last very long.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2022, 05:30 AM)arvidj Wrote: Willie,

Was that with the Brothers Extra Strength Adhesive labels?

No Arvid, I have older Brother printer models that use TZ labels that pre-date the newer TZe tapes with 'extra' adhesive. So far I've only been using the 'standard' labels in my new Epson printer to see how well they hold up. Right out of the gate I can tell they are 2 or 3 times more sticky than the older Brother standard TZ labels. I do have a box full of the extra strength adhesive Epson labels at the ready - just in case. So far the standard strength labels are doing a good job of holding on, but I'm still early on in the longevity testing phase.  Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2022, 08:08 AM)rleete Wrote: The biggest disappointment to me was that the labels are like store receipt paper.  Not glossy at all.

We'll see how long they last.

I'm guessing you are using the paper labels? Chin

The plastic labels should be glossy, and maybe stronger adhesive too?
Willie
Thanks given by:
Yes, the paper ones. It's the stuff it came with. It never occurred to me it wasn't plastic.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2022, 01:40 AM)Highpower Wrote: Usually less than a year. Some only lasted a month or two on painted steel G.I. ammo cans. And I've had a couple that fell off within an hour depending on the surface it was being stuck to. Plastics like blow molded tool cases were the worst. Cleaning everything with IPA before applying the labels didn't help any. The adhesive just wasn't very tacky at all.

IPA India Pale Ale?
Thanks given by:
This is what I use.  Looking over at the drawers I see a couple with the corners lifting but the rest have been on those drawers for years.

First time I used an attachment in a long time. Not very intuitive, is it?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2022, 11:39 PM)Vinny Wrote: First time I used an attachment in a long time.  Not very intuitive, is it?

Rotfl

I remember the old Dymo embossed labels would shrink and curl up over time and tear themselves loose. They all ended up on the floor in perfect little circles. I guess they were made out of some kind of 'memory' plastic, and wanted to return to it's original coiled up state.  Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Here we go again, another box.  Big Grin
This time for my edge finders.

Ed

Thanks given by:
And yet another box.

Ed

Thanks given by:
That looks real good!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: EdK