Ultrasonic Cleaning Solution
Anyone have a cleaner they could recommend for using in an ultrasonic cleaner? Mainly for degreasing.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I just purchased simple green aircraft solution and I have been very impressed on how it works on Grease and oil. I got it for the ultrasound BUT have not used it yet in it.
Thanks given by: EdK
I've been using regular Simple Green for general cleaning & de-greasing. Branson EC  for cleaning PCB's and Historic Timekeepers for brass and clock parts.

Harbor Freight used to sell a powdered cleaner for their ultrasonic cleaners in their stores that worked pretty well and it was cheap. I never could find it on their web site though.  Chin

Edit: Well 20 years later they make a liar out of me now. It used to be about $3 a bottle though. Slaphead
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-oz-ultra...ic+cleaner
Willie
(05-14-2021, 11:50 PM)Highpower Wrote: I've been using regular Simple Green for general cleaning & de-greasing. Branson EC  for cleaning PCB's and Historic Timekeepers for brass and clock parts.

Harbor Freight used to sell a powdered cleaner for their ultrasonic cleaners in their stores that worked pretty well and it was cheap. I never could find it on their web site though.  Chin

Edit: Well 20 years later they make a liar out of me now. It used to be about $3 a bottle though. Slaphead
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-oz-ultra...ic+cleaner

Looks like my local Home Depot has Simple Green in stock and the local Harbor Freight has the powder stuff in stock.

Thanks!  Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
For most things I use either Simple Green or that florescent yellowish Mr Clean. For clock parts or dial indicator parts I use Clockworks.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
(05-16-2021, 04:31 PM)Vinny Wrote: .... that florescent yellowish Mr Clean.

Chin I'm gonna have to give that a try. Thanks!
Willie
Thanks given by:
Depends on what you are trying to clean. For degreasing, Simple Green is probably the best cost wise.

There are acidic solutions, alkaline solutions, and some highly concentrated ones I wouldn't recommend for home use.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts