HF Bandsaw Dimension
Well don't think you are the lone ranger Ed. I'm in the same boat with the half-finished projects club. Smiley-eatdrink004

Retire they said, and you'll be bored out of your mind with nothing to do they said. HA! I don't have the time to be bored if I wanted to! Sad
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
You guys aren't alone. I still have an antenna here I haven't finished yet. But that's ok, the tower isn't up either.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: EdK
My band saw went on its maiden voyage today and did a superb job. Smooth and quite. I needed to cut a 1.5" piece off of a 2.18" x 1.75" x 12" piece of 1018 for a spacer block for my QCTP on my mini lathe. See surface finish below. I used a wax based cutting lube which I've used in the past when I had my other 4x6 band saw.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Very nice, indeed!

Man my HF bandsaw needed a LOT "adjustment" (well, modification) to cut straight and square. But maybe they are making them better now than they did.
Thanks given by:
(01-19-2022, 09:24 PM)vtsteam Wrote: But maybe they are making them better now than they did.

I think they are. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the one I got.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I had to cut a bunch of aluminum pieces for a future project, when the mill arrives. I had added the tray underneath to catch most of the swarf but it was still getting on the floor so I clamped a piece of 3D printed part that was a reject from some project to see if it would help block some of the swarf. It did so I'm going to take some measurements and print up a proper shield.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Got'r done.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(12-23-2021, 01:51 PM)rleete Wrote: Far too clean. Do you actually use these tools, or just collect them?

See, I use my tools. Look at that disgusting mess on my lathe.  Yikes

Ed

Thanks given by:
Ha! That's semi-clean for me.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
At least you guys can see your lathes. Mine is completely buried under piles of stuff at present. Blush
Willie
Thanks given by: