Little Machine Shop Drill Press
(07-04-2021, 03:00 PM)EdK Wrote: The table will not swivel unless I put a screw driver in the slot to wedge it open. Not sure how I'm going to fix that since it won't fit in the minilathe to turn it down.  Chin

Ed

Remove table, insert flap wheel into chuck, and have at the bore in the table arm to relieve it a bit?  Chin

Willie
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2021, 07:08 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 03:00 PM)EdK Wrote: The table will not swivel unless I put a screw driver in the slot to wedge it open. Not sure how I'm going to fix that since it won't fit in the minilathe to turn it down.  Chin

Ed

Remove table, insert flap wheel into chuck, and have at the bore in the table arm to relieve it a bit?  Chin

I thought of using a sanding drum to enlarge it. The flap wheel might be a better option.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I removed the paint coating the table stub and it now swivels.

The next problem is that the table isn't anywhere close to being flat. I put my mini lathe saddle on it to drill the holes for the oil ports and it rocked like crazy. I was concerned that the saddle casting was warped but it's fine. The table has hills and valleys especially towards the center. I'm going to take it back to Minnesota with me and have my brother chuck it up in his lathe and skim it until it's flat.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Good grief Ed. Are you trying to take away my 'King of bad luck' title? Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2021, 04:52 PM)Highpower Wrote: Good grief Ed. Are you trying to take away my 'King of bad luck' title?   Big Grin

Not intentionally. Blush

Ed
Thanks given by: