Sand muller
Some more progress on the Mullmaster (a working title!).
Got the drivetrain completed, the spring-loaded tensioner on the second-stage belt is off a multi-ribbed belt drive from one of my cars; it'll be interesting to see how long the belt holds up being bent so far backwards but at least it gives it a good wrap around the 2" drive pulley.

Had a hunt around the scrap piles to see what I could come up with for legs- an old Range Rover drag link was long enough for one pair and a chunk of rebar for the other pair.

I had an offcut from the sheetmetal work on my daughter's pottery wheel that was sufficient for the paddles and the emptying chute, attached the pair of paddles to the hub with some scraps of gal angle (the mig really doesn't like that stuff), put a tub under the chute, wired a plug to the motor and gave it a test run.
Going to have to cut the outside paddle down a little both ways, it threatens to throw sand over the wall as well as leaving too narrow a windrow for the wheel. With the gate open, it empties itself pretty well.

The speed is less than it looks in the photo- shutter speed was slow due to low light. I'll try and remember to put my RPM gauge on it but it seems a pretty good speed.

Next job is to install the roller; going to be a bit problematic as I was planning on using a trailer hub and stub-axle but we are in lockdown again so I can't source anything other than what I have lying around.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Sand muller - by Pete O - 06-12-2021, 05:27 AM
RE: Sand muller - by Highpower - 06-12-2021, 12:18 PM
RE: Sand muller - by Pete O - 06-12-2021, 06:54 PM
RE: Sand muller - by Highpower - 06-12-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: Sand muller - by Pete O - 07-25-2021, 09:03 AM
RE: Sand muller - by Pete O - 07-28-2021, 03:34 AM
RE: Sand muller - by Pete O - 08-17-2021, 06:52 AM