Suggestions for bimetal bandsaw blades for HF 4x6?
Just lost a few teeth on my last bi-metal bandsaw blade for the Harbor Freight 4x6. Anybody have suggestions for some replacements?

I generally cut angle iron, hot rolled steel and water pipe on that saw.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I bought this one with plans on installing it when the blade that came with the saw dies.

Bi-metal Band Saw Blade

Hopefully it'll live up to the reviews.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I don't have a 4x6 but I have been using Irwin, Lenox or Starrett blades on my 7x12 and have been nothing but happy with them. I like the vari-tooth versions for general use. Smiley-gen163
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2022, 11:29 AM)Highpower Wrote: I have been using Irwin

That's what I used when I had my other 4x6 band saw. I'd stock up on the Irwins when Enco had their sales. I think I went through only one blade they worked so well.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2022, 12:23 PM)EdK Wrote: I'd stock up on the Irwins when Enco had their sales.

Ed

Same here. I sure do miss that place. Sad
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. I've used lennox before...I'm going to give those Imachinist blades a try, see if they hold up. I chose a sampler of three blades:10-14 TPI variable, 6 TPI fixed, and a stainless/hard ferrous 14 TPI fixed.

I miss Enco, too. I used to get some metal stock from them, too. Drill rod, bronze bearing rod, etc. I liked their catalog, too.
Thanks given by:
There is a large Do-all here at work, and since it cuts stainless steel and solid nickel, they go through a LOT of blades. They buy Starrett in the bulk rolls, and weld up bands as needed. I get the leftovers, and weld them up into blades for my HF bandsaw.

The difference between HF and box store blades is night and day. Thankfully, I have a bunch of spares, and they will probably outlast the saw.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
That's very nice rleete. I silver braze together my own wood bandsaw blades (an old 24" throat Duplicarver 3-wheeler) from bulk 4tpi skip tooth stock, but buying Starrett blade stock is out of the question -- their blades also.

But I'm also just a hobbyist. I think I've gone through 3 Lennox metal cutting blades in 7 years. If these Imachine brand blades last a year at my rate of cutting, that would still be okay.

I have bought Timberwolf blades for my sawmill for years, rather than make them up, and they seem cheap by comparison with blades for my smaller bandsaws. It's been awhile since I bought them but they were $20 for a thirteen footer, and a lot more metal in those big 1TPI blades.

ps. I cancelled the 14tpi stainless blade from Imachine/Amazon delivery was 2 months on that one. The rest should come fairly quick.
Thanks given by:
I bought a roll of hardback blade and have a blade welder. The roll caddy doesn't have a brand name on it but the first blade I made with it and used got me to buy the guy's last roll. This was a few years ago and I don't recall making another blade since.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: