Precision Matthews PM-728V-T Mill
Chip tray arrived a bit bent. Not sure how that happened since the crate didn't appear to be damaged. Not a big deal. I clamped it between some wood and used a piece of 5/8" sq. steel stock and a c-clamp to straighten it as best as I could. I think it's usable now. Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks given by:
Some pictures I took when I disassembled the mill to get it into the shop. The table casting is gorgeous. The head has a worm gear to tilt it. The one-shot lubrication is a nice feature for a mill of this size.
I'm sure glad I decided to return the made in China mill and get this one. All that's left to get into the shop is the base/column combo. It's heavy so I need to make something to allow us to get it inside using a 2-wheeler.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
(04-20-2022, 08:11 PM)EdK Wrote: Some pictures I took when I disassembled the mill to get it into the shop. The table casting is gorgeous. The head has a worm gear to tilt it. The one-shot lubrication is a nice feature for a mill of this size.
I'm sure glad I decided to return the made in China mill and get this one. All that's left to get into the shop is the base/column combo. It's heavy so I need to make something to allow us to get it inside using a 2-wheeler.

Ed

Tilt forward, slide fridge cart under the back with the column against the cart, strap it to the cart (use a belt if the cart doesn't have a strap) and go. A friend of mine has one that size and that's what he did to get it to the 2nd floor and we both did to get it back down when he moved. I don't recall us removing the table either.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: EdK
Yup, we may do just that. Still too hot today so we're putting it off until tomorrow when the high is supposed to be about 75F. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
It's after 11 AM. Where's the picture of you making chips?
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(04-22-2022, 10:18 AM)rleete Wrote: It's after 11 AM.  Where's the picture of you making chips?

Rotfl

It'll be a while. Once the pieces are in the shop then I have to get the old mill assembled onto the pallet ready for shipment. Then I can reassemble the new mill.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-22-2022, 10:18 AM)rleete Wrote: It's after 11 AM.  Where's the picture of you making chips?

Kids. No patience what so ever... Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
No way we were going to be able to lift the column/base combo up onto the bench so we took them apart outside. Had to make a trip to the hardware store for a 10mm Allen socket for the ratchet. Tried an impact driver but no go so I used my expandable handle 1/2" ratchet and that did the job. Now on to assembling the old mill onto the pallet.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Found some shims underneath the column. Luckily I saw them right away and I can see the outline of them on the base surface.

Ed

Thanks given by: