Loctite Bottle
This is the first time I've used Loctite out of this type of bottle and I'm having a hell of a time getting it to flow out of the bottle. I've pushed a straightened paper clip down to make there were no obstructions and there aren't. Any hints on how you dispense this stuff?  17428

Ed

Thanks given by:
once you take the cap off...you need to pull up on the nozzle.
you will feel it snap open.
then when you put the cap back on it will close it automatically.
Retired old guy finally living the dream and enjoying life to the fullest!!!
Thanks given by: EdK
Yup.

.png   Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 19-22-31 MRO_TL_Guide.png (Size: 28.19 KB / Downloads: 68)
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
My problem has always been getting everything out of the bottle before it dries up. I'd buy the bottle because it was cheaper based on price per mL but never get to the bonus mL before the bottle dries up.

Though I've not bought a bottle in a long time and the popup and push down feature seems to be new.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2022, 10:12 PM)arvidj Wrote: My problem has always been getting everything out of the bottle before it dries up. I'd buy the bottle because it was cheaper based on price per mL but never get to the bonus mL before the bottle dries up.

Though I've not bought a bottle in a long time and the popup and push down feature seems to be new.

I dont think it should ever "dry up" as it only cures in the absence of air.
However, there is an expiration date on it, and its fairly short if I recall (24 months maybe?). I have dozens of bottles of the various formulas because the place I worked had to toss them after the date due to being ISO certified. Still work fine for any of my needs.
Retired old guy finally living the dream and enjoying life to the fullest!!!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2022, 10:12 PM)arvidj Wrote: My problem has always been getting everything out of the bottle before it dries up. I'd buy the bottle because it was cheaper based on price per mL but never get to the bonus mL before the bottle dries up.

I've had that happen very often with larger bottles of cyanoacrylate (super glue) and only buy small single use tubes now. Keeping it refrigerated helps to extend the shelf life. I've heard it said the same applies to thread lockers, sleeve retainers etc., but I haven't ever tried it. I have had some really OLD bottles of Loctite that went solid on me but they were way past their shelf life. The push-pull nozzles have been around for quite some time now but only on the 50mL and 250mL bottles. They also offer pump style dispensers.
Willie
Thanks given by:
I have a large bottle of red Loctite that's at least 15 years old. Still works as it should, and still liquid, although it's thicker than it should be.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Two of the four shafts didn't hold in the holes they were put in because I didn't get enough Loctite on them. I'm going to redo them now that I know how to dispense the stuff from the bottle.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Second time was a charm. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by: