HSS and carbide tooling
Lucked out is right. They're not any cheaper than the new price on ebay.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
That is why I watch eBay and wait until older spec inserts come up. We don't need the latest and greatest grades for home shop use. I think the last load of inserts I purchased were out of Germany.

It helps if you know both the ISO and ANSI nomenclature for your inserts, as that will broaden your options. For example, if you didn't know that CCGT120408 and CCGT432 were the exact same insert you are going to be ignoring a number of options.

Happy hunting!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I have an ebay search set up that alerts me when any thing that I'm interested in is posted that way I don't have to go trolling thru all the listings on EBay to find anything and be getting alerts I can look at all the buy it now postings before they are bought up.

I've gotten some pretty good deals doing it this way, I think that Ken also had ebay searches for any thing that he was interested in finding to include tooling.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2017, 01:36 PM)dallen Wrote: I have an ebay search set up that alerts me when any thing that I'm interested in is posted

Do you use a particular program for the search or is it an eBay function?

Ed
Thanks given by:
I set the search up in ebay to hunt for walter carbide inserts then told it to email me when something new was posted to ebay by going into the advanced search features where I can tell it how much I want to spend and if I only want to see listing with free shipping.

I get a new email from it several times a day.

link to the seach that I have set up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=12...3408111015

if your looking for a particular item say a face mill from one particular manufacture then set up a search for just that one item and have it email you when the item comes available at the price your willing pay and then just wait, no sense in doing the ebay search everyday unless you just want to look at thousands of ebay listings.

its what Ken did and got some really great deals on boring bars and such
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: EdK