Kondia FV-1 Table/Saddle/Knee/Turret and Ram removal
Nice find Darren.

I assume that's chunks of Styrofoam in the threads of the new one and not pebbles. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
You assume Correctly Ed!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Whoever had my mill before me decided that the way to remove the pin that the knuckle pivots on was with a hammer. As such the threads were mashed beyond repair. I thought that I had a picture of when I removed it, as I had been photographing damaged items to assist me when I ordered new parts. I guess I didn't bother as I new I would do the fix myself. The original thread was a smaller diameter then the actual pin and I'm guessing it was M24.

I rummaged through my stock and the biggest nut that I could find was a castle nut with a metric 1.50 pitch. I measured the minor diameter of the nut and then used a programme I downloaded from the net to figure out what thread I needed to cut to match the nut.

It turned out that it was a M22x1.5, so I turned the end to be threaded down to 21.85mm, which was a fraction smaller than the relief grove on the original thread, and cut the thread.

I'm very happy with the result and the fit is nice a tight. I'm either going to turn off the projections from the castle nut or make a new one (that would be further down the track though). The nut really is there for aesthetics, as there is no way the pin would just slip out. So I'm thinking of a large diameter washer (same size as the other end of the pin) and a cleaned up nut will work fine for me.
Thanks given by:
Nicely done Darren - Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: Mayhem
(05-17-2014, 11:48 PM)Mayhem Wrote: ... So I'm thinking of a large diameter washer (same size as the other end of the pin) and a cleaned up nut will work fine for me.

I think I have a box full of brand new 22 and 24mm flanged nuts somewhere around here. (Honda axle nuts.) Chin

I'll have to do some digging....

Edit to add:
Found the box. Yikes
Just shoot me your shipping address in a PM if you want it Darrin.

Willie
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Thanks Willie - let me check those dimensions against what I playing with. That flange diameter may be just what I need Big Grin If so, it may be easier/cheaper for you to send it to Ken, as he has a package coming my way in the not to distant future.
Thanks given by:
(05-19-2014, 06:25 AM)Mayhem Wrote: ... If so, it may be easier/cheaper for you to send it to Ken, as he has a package coming my way in the not to distant future.

If that's the case it would be easier/cheaper for me to just have you get Ken to make one for you, to your exact dimensions. Not to mention faster. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Ken has done too much for me already Willie. Besides, once I get the mill running, I can make my own.
Thanks given by:
Copy that. The offer still stands Darrin. I'll sent it anywhere you want if you can make use of it. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanks again Willie but I've just measured the flange on the end of the pin and it is 42mm, so I'll make a matching nut once I get the mill running. It will make a good project for me.
Thanks given by: