Quest -- A Good Steady Rest
Time to drill the clevis pin holes. Pic is gone but here it is done. Just basic drill press stuff. #1 is the hinge hole. #2 os both holes with pins and #3 is the back side with clips. If my wording is too basic I apologize. I do it this way for the ones who are unsure of some operations.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
OK, I have to work the next phase out a little before I post. I will not only show what worked for the rollers but also what did not. They are not mistakes, they just fell short of what I wanted. See you all here same time same channel tomorrow.

"Billy G" Smiley-dancenana
Thanks given by:
Bill,

Wow Jawdrop coming along nicely Thumbsup

I think your words are fine - makes it easy to follow Thumbsup

Super post Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Hi
Bill
That will be a substantial steadySmiley-signs107
Nice post with good picturesDrool
Pity you dont do casting Bash
Your wood mock up is nearly a pattern RotflRotfl
John
Thanks given by:
Thank you all. Question -- How many pix max on each post?
"Billy G" Ouch
Thanks given by:
I think it's 15 but I'll check and let you know for sure.

Yup, it's 15.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanx Ed. I will split to 3 posts. One has 3 the other two have 8 each.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
First up this morning is something that was not used. The first bearing holders were to flimsey for what was needed. It was to be a threaded rod thru the ring with a swivel bearing holder that could be locked in position. There would be an aluminum lock wheel to lock the rod to the ring. The bearings also would have tires but afterthought said they might wear to quickly or even work their way off in hard use. If only lite use is expected these might suffice.

In all it took three tries to ger the units we were looking for. The other two will follow.

Thanks given by:
The second try was the Telescoping unit. This one was good till we needed to weld a bolster to the tube for the position lock of the arm. The second the welder hit it the bolster was gone,like is disintegrated. I will just put the pictures here and explain the workings in the next post.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Study this print a little. This is the acceptable unit. I will post this one later. I am on the clock and under the gun today. The job has to go out today.

"Billy G"

Are we having fun yet. Smiley-dancenana

Thanks given by: