A new twist on AR15 maintenance
(06-19-2012, 09:47 AM)Highpower Wrote: build some incredibly serious, precision adult air guns. I'm quite sure you would get "hooked" yourself after trying it. Smile

Willie,

That comment piqued my interest. Do you have any links to such devices that you could share? I'm more interested in the machining side of those, as in making one rather than purchasing one.

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed,

I don't have any specific links saved to speak of. I just know that I stumble across them from time to time, and marvel at some of the work being done by the Brits and Aussies. Cool

Here is a link to one that went by the wayside apparently, but it is typical of some of the other work I have seen done. The book that is mentioned there seems to be very popular with the builders. I'm sure a Google search would turn up quite a few links on building airguns.

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=3772.0
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
(06-19-2012, 06:34 AM)TomG Wrote: Excellent idea Willie. It should save a lot of wear and tear on the bore.

When can we expect to see one in the Brownell's catalog? Chin

Tom

Update:

I don't know about the catalog Tom, but it may be mentioned as a gunsmith "kink" in a future newsletter. They just sent me a $25 gift certificate for the idea. Guess I need to go to Disneyland now. Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2012, 04:30 PM)Highpower Wrote: I don't know about the catalog Tom, but it may be mentioned as a gunsmith "kink" in a future newsletter. They just sent me a $25 gift certificate for the idea. Guess I need to go to Disneyland now. Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Willie,
Well done Smiley-signs107 - I suppose you'll want a pay rise now
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, you get paid???? Jawdrop
Willie
Thanks given by:
Great idea!!Worthy now I am going to have to modify mine!

Regards
d65, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: