Cinci lathe on Craigslist
I just stumbled across this on the Detroit area Craigslist, a restored 17x30 Cincinnati lathe with all accessories. If I only had the room...

Tom

17x30 Cincinnati Lathe

[Image: 5N45W25F93K73k23Jcc6ke8d41e78361d1462.jpg]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom,
Check out the Cinci mill on Pittsburgh, PA CL. It's a 82x20 30 HP.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2012, 10:22 PM)pjf134 Wrote: Tom,
Check out the Cinci mill on Pittsburgh, PA CL. It's a 82x20 30 HP.
Paul

Now I know I don't have room for that!

I've actually run one of those. Not quite that big but close to it.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Isn't it just typical that something like this comes up when you either don't have the money or the room! Both my lathe and mill were found by accident during a time where I wasn't really looking for them. The times I were looking nothing was out there.

I saw a restored 18" shaper the other day for $900 but don't have the funds. Just went back to see the details and it is no longer listed.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
When I was looking for a lathe a couple of years ago I had the same problem, it seems that everyone was buying them up as soon as it was listed. I called one person about a sb 10" and it was picked up and gone one hour after it was listed and no problem with price. I was too late on four of them. I wound up buying a SB9A that was sitting a long time at a used machine dealer that did not work at all, but showed hardly any wear. I did tear it all down and the oil was all dryed up in it, but everything was in good shape otherwise. He did have about a hundred lathes to choose from, but mine was in the best shape so I got it. I do want a bigger mill when I make some room and save some money for it and will go back to that guy again because he has a lot of machines there, but mostly big, but I might get lucky.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: