Furnace Build
Thanks Dave , chuck Big Grin

Jerry ,,, i have a couple of other furnace builds i could post if your interested Cool

Rob
Thanks given by:
Rob,

Definitely let's see 'em please:):):)

DaveH
Thanks given by:
That would be great Rob,

When I was still looking at mills and lathes I stopped by a guys house to see his mill and he showed me a couple of rods for a Honda 650 he cast and machined using aluminum he smelted down in his barbecue. That's it I'm hooked, gota have a furnace now!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Jerry.Cool
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
+1 I'd like to see those other furnace builds also.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2012, 06:55 PM)ETC57 Wrote: That would be great Rob,

When I was still looking at mills and lathes I stopped by a guys house to see his mill and he showed me a couple of rods for a Honda 650 he cast and machined using aluminum he smelted down in his barbecue. That's it I'm hooked, gota have a furnace now!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Jerry.Cool

Jerry, if you haven't already seen it you should watch the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian". You'll like it.

Rob, you have some mad skills there! I would like to see some more of your furnace builds as well. I wish I had a place to do that kind of thing. My only experience was back in high school metal shop when we cast some aluminum bits, but it was a fun time doing it! :)
Willie
Thanks given by:
Great build Rob. I'd love to see the others you have built, as this is a road I will be travelling! Are you firing them with gas?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2012, 01:08 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Great build Rob. I'd love to see the others you have built, as this is a road I will be travelling! Are you firing them with gas?

Hi there Mayhem ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good to here your going to go down the casting rout ,,,,, This furnace i am gas firing with forced air .
[Image: normal_P1260004.jpg]

I have also ran it on oil , just out of shot are a pair of step ladders with a small barrel of oil on top to feed the furnace .
[Image: normal_P1260005.jpg]

I have started new threads for the other furnace builds ,, as it makes it easier for others who do a search to find .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Well I never, it's on wheels. A portable furnace.Jawdrop
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I agree Dave,

wheels cool! I'm get en one of those itches, now I know it's on the list.Big Grin

So Rob what grade of oil? and very cool furnace!

Thank you for the thread, I'll be checking out the others as well!Smiley-signs107

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Lads Big Grin

Actually not my best Idea ,,,,, weather in the North of UK is a tad wet Slaphead so it came off the wheels and is now in doors .

would be great for you lads in sunnier places Big Grin

Jerry ,,,,,,,,,,, i was using old hydraulic oil i get from work .

Rob
Thanks given by: