valuable information site
(06-23-2012, 07:44 AM)TOM REED Wrote: Did you find it steve????? any comments,

Ya Tom I found it, thanks.
Comments, well, I've decided I don't need anymore books, I know too much already Rotfl.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-22-2012, 10:34 PM)TOM REED Wrote: .... Google INTERNET ARCHIVE and search for advanced machine practices.

Ahhhh! OK. Thanks Tony. Smiley-eatdrink004
I was clicking on all the tabs and trying to use the suggested search terms, but was coming up empty. Blush

And thank you for pointing us to the site Tom! Applaud

Willie
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2012, 11:37 AM)TomG Wrote: I found a pretty good video on heat treating. It's a little dry but quite informative.

Heat Treating

Tom

If only I had a heat treat furnace.... Sadno
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2012, 01:23 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 11:37 AM)TomG Wrote: I found a pretty good video on heat treating. It's a little dry but quite informative.

Heat Treating

Tom

If only I had a heat treat furnace.... Sadno

Some firebrick, a little steel to hold it together and some nichrome wire and you could have one. PID controllers like the one in the video can be had for around $40. Chin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: DaveH
OK, lets try this again.

http://archive.org/details/textbookofadvanc00smituoft

http://archive.org/details/textbookofelemen00smitrich

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2012, 02:08 PM)TomG Wrote: Some firebrick, a little steel to hold it together and some nichrome wire and you could have one. PID controllers like the one in the video can be had for around $40. Chin
Tom

You forgot the large wads of cash to pay the power bill.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
there is a search window on the top of that page if you have an idea or know the title of the books you want just enter it there and click at least that6 is how it works for me. I have sourced several books from the site onhe of which my xyl gave me trouble for printing as it was nearly 400 pages. tom

Another good book that can also be found at this site is Advanced shop arithmetic for the machinist, lots of info in this publication also. tom

Also search practical machinist for further info.
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
today I bought a new KOBE vox-e-reader to be able to download lots of these books to read at my liesure but for some reason it seems all of my try's fail does anyone have any ideas. I am using e-pub format but doesn't seem to work. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
Thanks given by:
Tom,

According to the specs for that e-reader you should be able to read e-pub files. I don't know what to tell you since I'm not familiar with that particular e-reader. Can you tell me a specific e-pub file that you're trying to read and I'll see if it works on my Kindle which also reads e-pub files.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Just needed a 3rd party app called overdrive media consol so now works great, very convienient size for in a chair or bed,much larger thanmy smartphone yet smaller than laptop. Sending this reply from the reader. Tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
Thanks given by: