Storage Building
Making some progress but its sure hot here,

[Image: IMG_0059.jpg]

Priced trusses for the shed, every one kept telling me it wasn't worth making rafters, HUH $1539 savings if I spend a couple days cutting lumber.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Greg, that is a great setup for building storage, Cool, ,,,3 bay openings,, that is neat!!

Your'e mill,--- bandmill, or circular?

Yup, hot right through till tuesday anyway. Sure do need about 2 days of rain.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Could sure use some rain here too, the swamp dried up a week ago, have to haul water for the garden now. Its a band mill, it will sit in the 4th bay at the end of the far container.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looks great! Greg, I can't remember (say that often now) did you level the containers? I imagine that the trusses you make will run from front to back, right?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
hi well you cud be in the UK its dun nothing but Raine and this is awher summer time the storage building is cumming on well
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
They're close to level, can't remember (said often too) how close I got them at the time. Im blocking between the beams and the corners to get straight and level. the one corner was down about 3 inches. and they're about an inch out of square. Again can take that out on the beams. Using 1" square pins to anchor 1/2" threaded rod down through the beam and into the corner pockets to hold the roof down, in case gravity fails us or a wind tries to lift the roof.
Yes the trusses run front to back, which to my surprise isn't exactly 20 feet, 19' 10 1/4" actually, I thought they'd be right on.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looking good Greg - when are you coming to do the extension to my workshop?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 07:29 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Looking good Greg - when are you coming to do the extension to my workshop?

Did you send the airline ticket already. WIll work for travel.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 07:33 AM)f350ca Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 07:29 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Looking good Greg - when are you coming to do the extension to my workshop?
Did you send the airline ticket already. WIll work for travel.

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup RotflRotflRotfl
Looking good Greg Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Gonna be room when that is done, nice so far.

"Billy G" Big Grin
Thanks given by: