P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
All the holes are ready for the boring head here. .060 to go.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Wow Billy, fabulous work Smiley-signs107 Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Thanx Dave. Mayhem, we have only just begun.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
OK, I've got to ask. What the hell are you building? I realize it's an engine of some sort but 16HP! Yikes

Being as it's a radial engine, I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's for an aircraft of some sort. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
We have changed from the original P&W to the Hodgson 18 cylinder Radial Engine. At this time it is not slated for anything but the test stand. That could change at the drop of a hat. I have friends waiting for this one. It is 1.25 ci/cylinder 22.5 ci total. It will be a real beast Ed.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: EdK
The set-up needed to be made more rigid. I added the threaded rod assembly at the back. There will be more force used to do some final operation. At this point it is better to have and not need than to need and not have, Blush

Thanks given by:
6799 That will definitely stiffen it up.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yes Ed, it did. Using a 3/4" flycutter as a boring tool the rear case is ready for "jugs". Good day going so far but it's far from over. Smiley-eatdrink004

Thanks given by:
I haven't had a day this good in ages. I even got a press finished up for a gent. He will be a happy camper. The rear case is out of the rotary table. The double row of smaller holes are for the Tappet Guides.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Looking impressive Bill. Your hand gives the case some scale, that is going to be a sizeable engine.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: