P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
I'm still behind, Dang. I need to drill the eight Slave Rod holes in the Master Rods before I can move on to the Lathe work. Pic #1 is the set up. Pic #2 is the first one being done. Pic #3 One done, one to go.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
One is finally in the 4 jaw. Pic #1 is the finish face to .750 final. Pic #2 drilled .100 undersize and first bore tool pass. Pic #3 .020 to go.

"Billy G"Big Grin

Thanks given by:
One side of one master Dod done in the lathe today. I will flip it tomorrow and do the other.

I am surprised nobody noticed these Master Rods are for an 18 not a 14 cylinder radial. The operations are the same and I am making these replacements for an engine I made 10 years ago.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
All together -- Blank, #1 Milling Operation, Lathe work done and ready to go back to the Mill.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
One done, one to go. Then on to 16 slave rods.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
OMG! I didn't realise how small it was from the earlier pictures.

Amazing ThumbsupThumbsup
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
There is something else I didn't notice until just now.

One reversed jaw in the chuck. As DaveH would say... bluudy brilliant!
Worthy

An excellent idea Bill, that most likely would have never occurred to me with my "inside the box" mind set. I've always thought of reversible jaws as IN or OUT, but never both at the same time. Blush

Always learning are you... ~ Yoda
Smile
Willie
Thanks given by:
Hi Willie;

That's just another trick I learned long ago, glad to pass it on. It's amazing what we take for granted that no one has ever seen before.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just because they give you all those jaws doesn't mean you have to use them. I've even chucked parts in a 4-jaw with one jaw removed, although that can get a little dicey at higher rpms. Yikes

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
You can do it in a three jaw to offset a bore.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: Highpower