P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
Took a crash (pun intended) on windows 8. This is complicated. OK let's try the picture thing. This is the set-up for cutting the oil pump drive gear as an integral part of the front crankshaft.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
It works. Thumbsup Almost done. Gear is finished

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
(02-20-2013, 06:45 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: It works. Thumbsup Almost done. Gear is finished

"Billy G"

Nice Bill!

I like your quality control group all ready and waiting. It's good to have dependable helpers. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
Those two know when the camera comes out. Big Grin It was a rough haul Ed. That is 316 SS. It took the cutter out twice.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Real nice Bill!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Thank you. These are the five parts that make up the crank. I have to fabricate the crank cheeks now.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Great work Bill.Smiley-signs107
Jerry Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Prints called for the bearing sleeved to be pressed on and held with Loctite. That didn't sit right with me. This engine will turn 9500RPM at the high end. I went old school again. I cut the sleeves .004 undersize on the bore. I cut the shafts to print. Into the oven at 400 degrees went the sleeves. and into the freezer went the shafts. Two hours later they went together with a light tap. Once they cooled they are one. If you are looking to see where the sleeves are, look between the square end and the gears.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
If there is one thing I have learned over the years I have been building and repairing small engines is that you have to be prepared to stop an make a special holding fixture at any time.

The center main bearing shaft needs to be square on both ends. It is only 1.5 inches long. I made this holder to hold if fast in the vise. Just cut and turn till both sides are .375X.375.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Billy,
Very nice job on the little gears Thumbsup Smiley-signs107 Worthy
Looking good Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: