P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
(06-30-2012, 08:09 AM)DaveH Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 07:53 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Remember again this is being done on a 9 inch import.
"Billy G"
Bill, Isn't it a "modified" and "Tuned" 9 inch import Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

What's it matter? 17428

It's 5% machine, and 95% operator anyway! Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2012, 10:57 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 08:09 AM)DaveH Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 07:53 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Remember again this is being done on a 9 inch import.
"Billy G"
Bill, Isn't it a "modified" and "Tuned" 9 inch import Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

What's it matter? 17428

It's 5% machine, and 95% operator anyway! Big Grin
Ya! what he said!!Smiley-signs064

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't Willie. That was for my cabitzer. He likes to needle in PM's so I cut him short this time. A lathe is a lathe,

"Billy G" Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Goodness, I was just commenting that Bill had made some modifications to his lathe. that's all - no more, no less.

Apologies Bill, it was in no way meant to take away any credit away from your skill and expertise, in fact it was just the opposite. Thumbsup

I wish I hadn't said it now Popcorn
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Just let it go Dave. The fault is mine. It has nothing to do with any of you. Thank you for the compliment.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
hi looking forward to this billed Thumbsup
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Bill
Looking forward to this build log DroolDroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
The prints call for 2000+ hours so set in for the long haul. I'm about 400 hours in now.

"Billy G" Smiley-dancenana
Thanks given by:
Three shots of the finished case blank. From here it had to be set aside because I have no mill. Not to worry, I'm looking at a Clausing Knee mill.

"Billy G" Thumbsup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(06-30-2012, 12:20 PM)DaveH Wrote: Goodness, I was just commenting that Bill had made some modifications to his lathe. that's all - no more, no less.

Dave, I know/knew that as well.

I was just trying to say that no matter what the machine is, a skilled operator can do some incredible work with the most basic of tools. A $30,000 lathe isn't going make a novice into a machinist if he doesn't know how to use it. I was only complimenting Bill's abilities with his lathe.

I wasn't making a comment about your reply at all, although I see now how it could have appeared that way. (Once again - I'm not to good at putting my thoughts into writing some times.) Bash

That certainly wasn't my intention. A better machine can help a professional do a better job as well. They just don't have to work as hard at it. Blush

Sorry for the misunderstanding mate. Now I'm sorry for posting it. Smiley-signs131

Willie
Willie
Thanks given by: