Kondia FV-1 Head disassembly
I've had a box of old halogen track spots kicking around for several years, collecting dust.  Today I dusted one off and repurposed it as a light for my mill.  I had added output sockets for a DRO and light but hadn't put a switch on the light.  At that stage, I wasn't sure whether I would end up using a light with a switch on it or not.  So I added one whilst the box was open.

Trackspot:

Power rail removed and a standard 10A plug fitted:

It currently has a 50W MR16 lamp, which I will replace with a 4000K 36° beam angle 7W LED lamp:

Control box open and bracket installed:

I mounted the light switch on the rear:

All back together:

Let there be light:

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Hot dang that's a good looking machine..... now. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Picked up a Philips Master LED MR16 (GU5) 7W LED in cool white (4000K) with a 36° beam angle.  Quite a difference to the 2700K 60° lamp that it replaces.

Thanks given by:
Nice work. Now you'll be totally in the dark when you come to my shop and play with the Prototrak driven mill. Only a rickety 60 watt incandescent lamp on that one, no power drawbar, black plastic knobs, and R8 collets that have to be completely removed anytime you need to hold a different sized tool shank.

Back to the early Pleistocene epoch! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't have a power drawbar Ken but I do have two different ones (M12x1.72 and 1/2-20).
Thanks given by:
Hiya Darren,
That ole Kondia is looking properly special now, well done!

I think the best thing about the LEDs on a machine tool is the lower heat output the halogens used to have a nasty habit of shattering if they were splashed with cold coolant when really hot.

Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: Mayhem