Kondia FV-1 Backgear disassembly
The backgear assembly was a combination of grease, oil and mechanical parts! I have removed the bull gear and its two bearings but removing the countershaft gear has so far evaded me.

The gear moves freely up and down its shaft but the shifter gear is jamming against the pin (Kondia calls it a nozzle) that engages/disengages the gear. I have removed the dowel pin that the fork rides on but I cannot seem to manoeuvre it so that the pin disengages.

Here is the corresponding section of the drawing:

Here is the gear and the fork. You can just see the slot in the back of the fork that the pin engages:

I did try a puller but the fork fouls and trying to pull further would bend the forks. Any ideas 17428
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Is there any way to "pull" the splined shaft the gear slides on? If so, that might allow you to pry the shifter block off the "nozzle" which I suspect is bent or semi-sheared.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Not that I could see Steve but I'll have another look next time I am in the workshop.
Thanks given by:
OK - I managed to get this apart. I didn't think about using a slide hammer until it was suggested on another forum Slaphead So I made an attachment that slid under the nut and removed the shaft the gear slides on (along with the gear, fork and bearing):

The assembly

Pond scum!

The new tool (note the slide hammer attaches so it is centred over the shaft)

Thanks given by: