cutting gears
(07-02-2012, 06:06 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Hi David - Give Metal Shop Calculator a go.

First look, looked good! Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2012, 06:06 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Hi David - Give Metal Shop Calculator a go.

Here is a screen shot of the gear page from the version I am running:

It also has some other good features which I find useful.

tried to download the program but somethings not working right it unzips and all that but won't go any futher then the select lanuage window.

anyone have any ideas

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
No luck here either. It crashes and says it writes a log file with the error but it actually doesn't create the log file. Too bad, it looks like that software could be useful.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I have just tried this and it does work if you select Dutch or Spanish (well the program works) Changing to English makes it hiccup again. Ouch
I contacted Gerard via email to let him know about the issue. Pcwhack
He may even be on this site as I see he links to this site on his web page Thumbsup
Andy Popcorn

b4dyc, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012. Oh yeah
Thanks given by:
Interesting, I have not had any issues with it. I just checked and I am using Version 1.1.2. I notice that the current version is 1.1.4. The only issue I have with v1.1.2 is that it throws an error when I try to set metric as the default.

(07-03-2012, 06:19 AM)b4dyc Wrote: I contacted Gerard via email to let him know about the issue. Pcwhack
He may even be on this site as I see he links to this site on his web page Thumbsup

That would be great if he was a member - we could beta test for him! If he isn't a member, we should invite him Ed. His site and work looks very interesting. I have heard/read about his shaper on other sites.

Edit: I removed the link to v1.1.2 as v1.1.4 has now been fixed by Gerard
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Gerard is a member. I did not realize that the calculator was on his web site.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2012, 06:52 AM)EdK Wrote: Gerard is a member. I did not realize that the calculator was on his web site.

Ed

Excellent. I'll have to pay more attention!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I have managed to get it working with help from Gerard.
It seems that one of the files is a problem but I have just patched my software with the new en.ini file in the (British flag) language folder. Its only a small notepad document that needs fixing Big Grin
I have also let Gerard know that this fixes the problem and pointed him here Thumbsup

EDIT: I can`t attach the file Sadno here, sorry
Andy Popcorn

b4dyc, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012. Oh yeah
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2012, 08:07 AM)b4dyc Wrote: I have managed to get it working with help from Gerard.
It seems that one of the files is a problem but I have just patched my software with the new en.ini file in the (British flag) language folder. Its only a small notepad document that needs fixing Big Grin
I have also let Gerard know that this fixes the problem and pointed him here Thumbsup

EDIT: I can`t attach the file Sadno here, sorry

Andy,

Thanks for the tip about the "ini" file. I went and changed mine and it now works for English. You'll need to rename the file from "en.txt" to "en.ini".

Ed

Attached Files
.txt   en.txt (Size: 10.64 KB / Downloads: 8)
Thanks given by:
The only problem I'm having is that it must run from the installed directory. The docs said to put it anywhere convenient, but it can't find its files. In other words, a desktop link doesn't work. ver1.1.4
Thanks given by: