pin vice
hi all once a gane went to the boot sale and i got two more drills for 20p each and i got a pin vice for 20p so this was my next project i disassemble it as much as possible the threaded bolt is beyond reaper so a new one will be made then placed the lot in me acid bathe after a long sock all was removed and given a good scrub in ruining water then a buff up with a wire brush i had to mack up a new bolt this will have a m8 thread SOS no pics of the next bit i drilled out the wing nut two 10.5mm i then drilled and taped m8 in the end of a Peace of steel rod then turned that dawn to just under 10.5mm to fit in to the wing nut and silver soldered it in place right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs107 Bob

you slapping some blue paint on it RotflRotflRotflRotfl

Rob
Thanks given by:
Nice find Bob
It is great to see old tools given a new lease of lifeRotflRotflRotfl
John
Thanks given by:
Bob,
Smiley-signs009
Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
blue pant no i have sum nice red for this
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Bob, this pic     triggers my curiosity. Do you know what the engravings signify?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I think the crown means it was at one time owned by the forces (army ,air force ect)
My Dad had some very old spanners with the crown on them
He brought them home from his time in the air force
John
Thanks given by:
I think you are correct, also I think AM stands for Air Ministry - sometimes there is a date.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice job Bob. You took what looked to be a broken tool that was probably headed for the trash and made a respectable and useful tool out of it. Smiley-signs107

Ed
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't paint it Bob, it may be worth a few quid if it is old military.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: