Sheet Metal tools, Show me your Guillotines
(07-06-2012, 09:11 PM)EdK Wrote: Darren,

I was thinking more along this design. Smile

Ed

While I love this little bender, My opinion is this, unless you want a cool project get onto Ebay and search "Fly press" the right one will look something like this;

Or any of these,

the little one is a bit small for serious work,
The fly presses can do everything a newbie sheet metal guy could ever want, from punching holes, to folding and even pressing forms, furthermore Any given week there'll be three or four of them on Ebay, the most I've ever paid for one is £120, and you can make your own tooling real cheap. and as long as the big chunky four start square thread is good and the balls are present they just never go wrong. and standard spec gives you a stop collar for repeat pressing jobs as well.

Before I got hooked on buying scrap fly presses and restoring them I used to use this home built item;

With the right vee block this hydraulic bender would easily put a 90degree bend in 5mm x 75mm steel stock and easily put a 120 degree bend into 250mm of 3mm stainless and it cost the price of a bottle jack and some scraps of steel.
Best regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sheet Metal tools, Show me your Guillotines - by Rickabilly - 07-07-2012, 07:59 PM