Sheet Metal tools, Show me your Guillotines
(07-09-2012, 04:42 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I had a look on eBay and Rick must have bought them all.

Sorry Darren,
Flypresses are not as common in Oz as they are here, and you might have a bit of extra trouble out west as they were mostly used in small scale manufacturing in the 1920s through to 1950s in the Eastern states, they are pretty heavy too so not ideal for mailing Bawling

But keep looking one will turn up, on the bright side, they are artillery proof (almost literally) providing the thread is OK and the balls are present you can buy pretty confidently without inspection. So if you can get the seller to put it on a pallet and get a back load with a local truckie you'll come out on top.

The Indians are now making new ones and they are being imported into the US and while they are expensive they are brand new and should outlast the buyer. They are being marketed to hobby blacksmiths.

If anyone is interested, we made one as a trade school project in the 3rd year Fitting and Machining, I might be able to find the drawings, we used a "H" frame design rather than the "C" frame and cylindrical fly weights not spherical.

Best Regards
Rick,
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sheet Metal tools, Show me your Guillotines - by Rickabilly - 07-09-2012, 11:36 AM