a nuther magnetic bace
hi all went to see john to day nice chap i got off him a magnetic base a dti stand to be precise so when i got home this was the job for today furs of all i removed the rod then the magnet i had to use sum heat to remove sum sort of filler then cleaned it all up in the 4 jaw chuck put the magnet back in with sum grease all ready for panting right piks thanks john

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Bob
Next time you come up you can take my other mag bases away with you and referbish them ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
Nice to see it being put to use Smiley-signs107Smiley-signs107
Thanks for the floor mat Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
John
Thanks given by:
no problem john i forgot to fetch up strip lights they take 3ft tubes i got two for you
Thanks given by:
Bob,
Now it is all nice and refurbished John will be wanting it back Smiley-signs107 Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
ok he can have it back if he swops it for his mill
Thanks given by:
Nice job Bob, thanks for posting the neat pics!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2012, 03:58 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi all went to see john to day nice chap i got off him a magnetic base a dti stand to be precise so when i got home this was the job for today furs of all i removed the rod then the magnet i had to use sum heat to remove sum sort of filler then cleaned it all up in the 4 jaw chuck put the magnet back in with sum grease all ready for panting right piks thanks john

I have a couple of this type base that came out of China and they don't hold so good. I read a blog over on Alloy Avenue where one of the guys made his base from scratch, I would like to change the magnets in mine to some that will hold but haven't been able to find magnets the right shape.

Anyone know of a source, I can get ones that are magnetize the right direction but none that are the oblong shape, and I don't really want to have to make a carrier to hold a cylinder.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Have a look on eBay, there are tons in different shapes and sizes.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
hi all well the last bit well no one spotted the problem that it had panted it red re labeled the on and off points right pics the problem was their was two balls missing out of the fine ajusment post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Nicely done Bob
I am pleased it went to a good home
Thanks given by: