Atlas 6 inch saved from scrapper
Thanx everyone. I have been away on family matters. Sorry for the delay in posting.

"Billy G" Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome back Bill. You never to apologize for a leave of absence, as long as you remember to come back! Most would have assumed you were busy working on your radial engine.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanx Darren. Rick after that post my head is in orbit. The possibilities are endless.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2012, 05:13 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Rick after that post my head is in orbit. The possibilities are endless.

"Billy G" Thumbsup

Rick tends to do that with your head. That's why I'm so glad he's a member here. Worthy

Ed
Thanks given by:
Sorry Bill,
and thanks Ed,

But just one more idea for that Atlas;

I've been forced to spend a load of time resting my back in the last month or so, and I have just discovered my new life's obsession "ornamental turning" and that's what I'd do with that atlas, In fact I'm tossing up whether I convert my old Colchester or find a nice flat bed lathe to start with, maybe build from scratch, If you have never seen ornamental turning look up Benzinger watches, or just one of the ornamental turning galleries, I'm hooked, and as I have to think about engineering I can do from a chair these days this might be it.

It's a natural progression of my life's work so far but on a whole different plane of existence.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Here's a video of Benzinger making watches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iWmPPPrNq8

Amazing work.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Amazing indeed but I shudder to think of the price tag that dangles from one of those. I actually doubt that I would be able to use one to tell the time. I'd be so memorized by the mechanism that I would fail to see the hands.
Thanks given by:
Memorized I think not. mesmerized, I'm willing to believe in a menute!17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve. Another reason not to trust the spell checker when you are tired and in a rush!
Thanks given by:
You can't even trust Steve, he spelled minute wrong. Bleh

"Billy G" Smiley-signs081
Thanks given by: