Thanks given by:
That is amazing
Personally 3 mm is the smallest thread i want to use
Thanks given by:
Very nice, beautifully made Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
OK, that even makes me crazy and I'm pretty meticulous.

Anyone notice that the rotation of the tailstock crank, apron handwheel and chuck key is reversed?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,
I noticed the tail stock, and now you have mentioned it the apron hand wheel, and the chuck key.
I wonder if he had a specific reason for doing it.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 01:28 PM)DaveH Wrote: Hi Tom,
I noticed the tail stock, and now you have mentioned it the apron hand wheel, and the chuck key.
I wonder if he had a specific reason for doing it.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Probably lack of room for additional gearing in the apron, but the chuck and tailstock could have been made using left hand threads. Although he would probably have had to make the LH taps.

While we are on the subject of miniature modeling, has anyone see the work of this guy?

My. Y. Park

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 01:51 PM)TomG Wrote: Probably lack of room for additional gearing in the apron, but the chuck and tailstock could have been made using left hand threads. Although he would probably have had to make the LH taps.

While we are on the subject of miniature modeling, has anyone see the work of this guy?

My. Y. Park

Tom

Wowser!! Unbelievable! Worthy

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 01:15 PM)TomG Wrote: OK, that even makes me crazy and I'm pretty meticulous.

Anyone notice that the rotation of the tailstock crank, apron handwheel and chuck key is reversed?

Tom

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd. It seemed like the rack for the carriage feed was rather "course" as well. A slight turn on the hand wheel looked like "rapid traverse" of the carriage.

But beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Still an incredible piece of work.

Willie
Willie
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 01:51 PM)TomG Wrote: While we are on the subject of miniature modeling, has anyone see the work of this guy?

My. Y. Park

Tom

I've seen that before. It's beyond my comprehension. Worthy

I know of a guy that (re)-built one of those, but on a somewhat larger scale. You could eat off of any surface on that machine inside or out.
Just the sound of that Merlin engine running gave me goose bumps.
Sadly due to health issues he had to sell it last year. Bawling

P-51
Willie
Thanks given by: