For the miniature minded....
Yup beautifully crafted piece of work!!

Park's workmanship and all the others on the "CRAFTSMANSHIP Museum" is stunning !!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
I, entering my dotage, am not enthused by such marvels. Maybe actually seeing them is still encouraging to me , but working to that micro level is for others. Why build a mchine that is difficult to see, let alone use?
BTW by your intro "For the miniature minded....", Willie, I thought you were specifically thinking of me.Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 07:24 PM)stevec Wrote: BTW by your intro "For the miniature minded....", Willie, I thought you were specifically thinking of me.Rotfl

RotflRotfl
Thanks given by:
He was
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 07:24 PM)stevec Wrote: BTW by your intro "For the miniature minded....", Willie, I thought you were specifically thinking of me.Rotfl

Steve, to quote a line from "Men in Black"..... "When will you humans learn that size doesn't matter?" Big Grin

A former marksmanship coach of mine always told me "Aim small - MISS small."
I try to apply that to machining skills as well. If the tolerance on a part needs to be +/- .010" I'll usually end up .025" over or under. Rant

If the tolerance is only +/- .0005" I'll normally only miss the mark by .0015".
See how much better that is?
Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

Willie Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2012, 06:36 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(07-27-2012, 01:51 PM)TomG Wrote: While we are on the subject of miniature modeling, has anyone see the work of this guy?

My. Y. Park

Tom

I've seen that before. It's beyond my comprehension. Worthy

I know of a guy that (re)-built one of those, but on a somewhat larger scale. You could eat off of any surface on that machine inside or out.
Just the sound of that Merlin engine running gave me goose bumps.
Sadly due to health issues he had to sell it last year. Bawling

P-51

They do make a distinctive sound specially when at full power
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
It is amazing but all the screws ar clockwise threaded. Most screws on a lathe are counter clock. It would have been nicer to be just like a large lathe. Not taking anything from the project, but the man had the skill to make his own taps and screws. That all.
Nelson Collar

May the Lord Direct Your Steps
"When injustice becomes law - resistance becomes duty."
Thanks given by:
I can't see the original post because there are a lot of sites blocked on my military satellite internet but I have seen the Mr. Y. Park photos before. My dad also sent me a video once of a guy that had recreated a Ferrari race car to scale and it actually ran. It was about 3-4' long judging by the youtube video and it sounded so awesome! There is also a series of videos on Youtube of a guy that made a scale Gravedigger monster truck that runs. The sound of a TINY supercharged V8 is surprisingly close to the full scale item! Thumbsup
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2012, 09:58 PM)SnailPowered Wrote: The sound of a TINY supercharged V8 is surprisingly close to the full scale item! Thumbsup

You don't say... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Willie
Thanks given by:
Ok, so tiny is kind of an exaggeration perhaps. The engine is probably close to 10" long and 14" tall judging by seeing the guy next to it. I really thought it would be more high pitched or something. It really made me want to machine a running scale P-51 with my dad!
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by: