reamer holder
Three or four times? Why, that means it's almost new! Big Grin
Mine was abused several times a day for decades, coming from a school.

Thanks given by:
yep thats abused, I have fixed a lot of the problems with mine, but I would like to get on with some of the things that I want to do besides work on the lathe, and I know that the finish problem is mostly me and not the tooling or the lathe. but for the life of me I can't get a HSS bit to leave a mirror finish no matter how long I hone and polish the edge or the size of the radius on the point
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 08:35 AM)dallen Wrote: but for the life of me I can't get a HSS bit to leave a mirror finish no matter how long I hone and polish the edge or the size of the radius on the point

It's easier just to get a shiny metal camera. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2012, 09:25 PM)dallen Wrote: I still have to buy a chamber reamer before I can use it for what I made it for.

Straying away from the shiny metal camera's for a moment.....
Pray tell, what exactly did you make it for? (Other than general chambering.) Whatcha building? Drool

Willie
Willie
Thanks given by:
well for one I want to put a 7.62X25 round into a British Sterling, and I don't think that they make a barrel for it in that size, other reason was to just see if I could make it, it looked simple enough I made the thing off of two pictures that I was given permission to use by another builder on weapons guild (thanks Moleman) he says it works as good as the high dollar ones and the nice thing is it only cost about 25 bucks to make even if you have to buy the blank MT Arbor.

guess you could say I made it to see if I could and so I would have one, I have several weapons related projects in the works at the moment but funds got tight so I'm sorta taking my time on em now.

plus it will work with any reamer.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 05:06 PM)dallen Wrote: guess you could say I made it to see if I could and so I would have one,

DA

Nothing wrong with that at all. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Cool. I like the 7.62x25 idea. Stout little round. Smiley-eatdrink004

I did just the opposite and converted one of my CZ52's to 9x19. Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
We like different stuff don't we... I'm working on a 9mm PPs 43. Big Grin I figured, why not?
Ken
An old tired/retired/wanna-be machinist. Cool
Thanks given by:
I think it is because "we" are all just a little bit "different".... Tongue

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
So Very, Very, "Different" Smiley-eatdrink004

But I've gotta say, I met some normal people this one time, and didn't much like em.

Best regards Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: