The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya.
And I triple dog dare you to do it Big Grin

This, is Alexei Nikolevich's miniature (1/2 scale) Mosin Nagant M91 rifle, given to him by his father Tsar the 2nd. A pair of these rifles with loads of scaled down ammunition was given to him by his father so he could hunt with him and "play soldier", as was all the rage back in those days with royalty.

[Image: pervoe1.jpg]
(more photos here: http://library.khai.edu/pages/oruzhie/pe...ednee.html)

It was chambered in 3.81x27R, a scaled down version of the 7.62x54R. 22 Hornet is very close (ish).

[Image: Nuevaimagen-26.png]

Here is a photo of Alexei with his rifle:

[Image: 49834157_Young_Soldier_Alexei_1916.jpg]

Do you think you make another rifle just like it? Thumbsup

You've proven that you're a gunsmithing GOD, and can do this if you want to. You have the skill and the tools to do this, and not only would it be amazing to have in your collection, it would also make a darn good varmint rifle.

Are you up to making something that's never been made outside of the Tula Arsenal? If you do, I will call you "TomG: Gunsmith of Sun Tzu" for the rest of my life Worthy
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya. - by surplus-addict - 07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya. - by surplus-addict - 07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya. - by surplus-addict - 07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya. - by toolingjim - 09-03-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: Hey TomG, I've got a project for ya. - by MG-42 - 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM