Swivel keyring
Resurrecting this thread reminded me that I need to make the keyring. It's now on my official project list.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 05:25 AM)EdK Wrote: At least the guy had the balls to come back and apologize. That's very rare these days in this "Me" society.

Ed

I thought so too Ed, to be fair he was on borrowed time before his initial blow up and then after his little rant, I'd all but decided that he was a very short term employee, but after he found out about my history and that of the shop and he apologised, it seemed that his whole attitude changed and he worked for me for three or four years after that, perceptions are a funny thing, I found out much later that he had trouble in a previous job when one of the younger guys hooked up with the bosses daughter and effectively married his way into the top job, the old man retired leaving the running of the shop to the son in law, who was about my age, so when he came into my shop he must have figured the same story and his attitude was terrible, but when it was cleared up, so was his attitude.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 06:34 AM)Wongster Wrote: Call me a young pup any day... Thumbsup

I've not been playing for a while. The key fob is something I would like to make for my friends & colleagues.

Regards,
Wong

Hello Wong,
I would have thought that your 3d printer would be the ideal keyring manufacturing tool.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2012, 06:39 AM)DaveH Wrote: Don't worry Rick, you soon will have RotflRotflRotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Actually Dave, I take after my Grandmother on this one and she passed away about six months ago, nearly 90 years of age and was just about half grey up until she was 70 she just had one or two greys scattered about,

She had just enough grey to see that her hair wasn't dyed, So despite spending years in a WW2 "labour" camp and all manner of hardship, she just never went grey, it's a bit of a joke in my family everyone else in the family was completely grey by 30.

So as I said before, It's a disability I can live with, having a full head of non grey hair into my 70s Rotfl I think I'll survive

Regards
Rick
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2012, 11:41 AM)Rickabilly Wrote: Hello Wong,
I would have thought that your 3d printer would be the ideal keyring manufacturing tool.

Regards
Rick

Hi Rick,

That 3D printer of mine produces poor results... I'm looking at how I can improved its structure to give it more stability.

But nothing beats the blink blink of what were done to those metals in this thread Smiley-signs107

Regards,
Wong
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:
Indeed Wongster,
That is the problem many of the amateur built 3d printers.

When I say amateur, I include many of the kit or plans built machines designed by electronics gurus that actually have next to no Engineering training or experience, the worst offenders are often designed using high end CAD and FEA software, they seem to think that this is how you do a "good" design, but without sensible numbers in the parameters table, the results are usually a long way from satisfactory.Bash

This kind of thing really annoys me, as I a result of a similarly minded business partner, who, as a chartered accountantJawdrop, thought that his google search was enough training to challenge thirty years worth of experience and ten years of very focused training Rant .

post a couple of pictures of your set up and I would be happy to give pointers on structural changes that might help.

regards
Rick
Thanks given by: