Todays Project - What did you do today?
(09-06-2012, 07:04 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Hey! I'll have you know that I'm in my prime. I haven't hit the big 40 yet.

I'm glad I don't have daughters. Now I won't have to worry about hiding them for the visit. Smiley-dancenana
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't worry Tom - happily married!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
As my Grand dad always said, ( Your not old until GOD can't find a use for you any more. )Big GrinBig Grin

Jerry,( still a young buck Smiley-eatdrink004) Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2012, 08:04 AM)rleete Wrote: I'm pretty sure I have underwear older than that.
Then you've got to be about 41 'cause I know, at my age, underwear doesn't last 40 weeks!Jawdrop
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Well I guess I need a pacifier and some diapers because it sounds like at 26 I'm just a baby around here. I'm really glad that you ol' folks have found your way from the stone tablets to the keyboards because I greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge!! Thumbsup
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
TODAY one of the ads on tradio buy+sell program here in OLDS a treadmill to give away, I snapped it up and brought it home, spent abt 2 hrs dismantling it. Lots of nice pieces 1st a great little motor with speed control, even a digital pickup to measure speed, another little gear reduction motor used to set incline plus a couple of nice rollers as well as plenty of square + rectangle tubing. I should be able to re-purpose most of it, the treadmill motor should work well for a sand muller. tom

SNAILPOWERED 26 I can only wish, I was still SUPERMAN when I was 26, able to do anything I set my mind to, now at 63 I am just a useless old tird with absolutely no energy.
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2012, 02:05 PM)TOM REED Wrote: now at 63 I am just a useless old tird with absolutely no energy.
Ah, Tom now you have wisdom - which the younger aspire to achieve Smiley-dancenana
And Tom did you forget the photos Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
And Tom , it's "turd" but I know you "OLDS"mobiles have your own spelling.Rotfl
Elijah, you are a rare specimen of youth, ready to learn from your elders, wise before your time.
But, remember, we old farts (not referencing the underwear) make mistakes too, so you still have to keep your sharp young mind well honed.Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Today I finally finished the "front" mounting of my snow blower to my old Allis-Chalmers CA tractor (circa 1953).
I had to run a chain (#50) from the rear PTO down to a shaft to run to the front.

There was a "cross member" for the 3 pt hitch conversion that came with the tractor when I got it that provided an anchor point for the pillow block I installed for the driveshaft (1" precision ground shafting).
The chain-chain (if you follow the wordplay)is necessary in order to reverse the rotation so the blower blows rather than trying to suck. (pretty important).

I'm pretty pleased with the "straightnes" of the drive shaft from the front bearing point to the second universal on the blower.
It turns by hand (good sign ) and is smooth even when in the up position
Thanks given by:
Hi,
What is a snow blower, and why do you need one? Chin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: