Todays Project - What did you do today?
Upgraded the shop to LED tubes. What a difference. The old T12 were dim beyond belief. Need my sunglasses now.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Pulled out the spray gun and painted a lift table. I purchased two at auction and the second one needed to be restored (I already did the other one). Sprayed epoxy primer and then acrylic enamel (Shopline brand).
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2017, 08:12 PM)f350ca Wrote: Upgraded the shop to LED tubes.

I bought all the tubes for mine several months ago. Still waiting to find the energy to get up on the ladder and remove all the ballasts and rewire the tombstones. Sigh... Blush
Willie
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2017, 09:43 PM)Highpower Wrote:

I bought all the tubes for mine several months ago. Still waiting to find the energy to get up on the ladder and remove all the ballasts and rewire the tombstones. Sigh...   Blush

I bought these in the early spring. The days were  brighter then.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I had mine for a while too but one saturday morning I decided to come out early and do it. In my case, tho, I had to run and re-run conduit. But they're in! A lot brighter here too.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
LED tubes are part of my roof raising. I bought additional fixtures so I'll have six eight foot two bulb fixtures in a group. Total of 24 in my 24 X 48 shop. Maybe I'll call it a tanning salon. :)
Thanks given by:
I bought a couple to try out, but they weren't as bright a the T8's I just put in. What kind did you guys use?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
The first batch of 12 tubes i ordered from Amazon looked for every bit like florescent, frosted glass over the diode strip. BUT they shipped them in 12 separate boxes UPS and 10 arrived broken. Refund later couldn't find the same ones for a reasonable price, the replacements are clear plastic lensed with the aluminum heat sink on the back. Will see if the plastic yellows. All are 18 watt, outshine the 32 watt T8's but are probably higher kelvin, don't remember its been so long since ordering them.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2017, 09:43 PM)Highpower Wrote:

I bought all the tubes for mine several months ago. Still waiting to find the energy to get up on the ladder and remove all the ballasts and rewire the tombstones. Sigh...   Blush
Ain't it the truth !
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2017, 05:50 PM)TomG Wrote: I bought a couple to try out, but they weren't as bright a the T8's I just put in. What kind did you guys use?

Tom

I got mine from the LED specialty place that is close to me. They occasionally run sales and I got a 25 pack of bulbs plus 15% off. We have two old T-12 (4 bulb) fixtures in our kitchen that I have already converted. I bought the 5000 K bulbs. It was TOO bright! I ended up leaving only 2 bulbs in each fixture and they are still brighter than the previous 8 T-12 florescent bulbs.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo...mens/3685/

Seeing that I went back and bought some smaller enclosed fixtures also to add to the dark storage corners of my basement. I still need to replace the bulbs in my shop area fixtures though. I guess I should get that done before the 5 year warranty runs out...   Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by: