Todays Project - What did you do today?
It would still be useful for brazed carbide tools though. I made a sled that slides in the table slots on my carbide grinder and cut a couple of different angle slots in the top for grinding lathe bits. HSS and brazed carbide. It holds a straight line a lot better than I can freehand. Also drilled some pivot holes in it to maintain a perfect arc when grinding or lapping my scraper blades too.

For some odd reason I just don't have the same hand / eye coordination I used to have. Rolleyes
Willie
Thanks given by:
Charlie's first guitar neck using the new radius jig we made,

[Image: iE0im0deDoZbBhS8ZvNKLQ_rEjHmM2bUKU-a4CY4...4-h1179-no]

[Image: AWo2XRnj0928eCQUzvDWPMUxkKJkJwIMUSFIJkYP...6-h1179-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Interesting. I've never seen a fret-less bass before. Learned something new.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Similar to the original bass violins. Takes skill and a good ear to play.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
I've seen them but never played one.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Well finished it today.
Was given some 60 deg pointed carbide burrs, had a never used air die grinder, so decided to make a chamfering machine. 
Had to make the mount for the die grinder tilt it an additional 15 degree's to get a 45 degree chamfer. 
[Image: Ou1gc1Zct39DUbC8QBcI2TuimkIeJvCBO1hf-VPQ...2-h1179-no]

[Image: EtRWfcxF7PjjEOnoahEl9acNHKdbpi9aDSyaL_ad...2-h1179-no]

The die grinder threads into the mount to adjust the cutter height, a locking ring has been added.
[Image: 8VC1MRZxs58FPl-_SN5f4-7v4kOx8Ae0RucHq5Ti...5-h1179-no]

Made a foot operated valve to operate it.

[Image: Kf2jQ4Q4SHDkru6H5-7mQXmp1Yf_Zp1gZ8JE-BDC...2-h1179-no]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Been working in the cabinet shop, fresh varnish made me move to the metal shop this aft. Thought there might be a flower hiding in a chunk of 1 1/4 copper pipe I had.

[Image: 0dQe4TA_q-kQz_j52rfOeemv_vrv1KalgqHAkLI9...2-h1179-no]

[Image: n-RFHuCJ_e-O_fjJouLwa9JwchDFfRMFxt8qb3Mn...2-h1179-no]

[Image: Zi5-equy10UdWthJLOrIqioXkLaYx-GCJd7Ztzvx...2-h1179-no]

Any ideas on how to clean the copper. Had it shined up on the wire wheel but subsequent annealing left it like this.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Sweet rose, Greg. Must have taken a lot of hammering!

The oxide can be removed with a phosphoric acid etch. Naval Jelly, or metal prep from your local automotive paint supply will do the job.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom, actually wasn't that much work. Watched a couple of videos then trashed most of their ideas. Tin snips were a futile idea, used the bandsaw, then a wire wheel smoothed the edges, hammering in the relief pattern seamed like a lot of work so out came the air hammer with a chisel. The shaping was done on the anvil rather than pliers. Actually was a fun little project. Should get me lots of browny points with Alison.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Any project that makes the spouse happy is a good project. Thumbsup
Thanks given by: