Todays Project - What did you do today?
Looking good Tom - is this my hire car?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 06:45 AM)Highpower Wrote: Your right leg was abused by the clutch? 17428

And historical plates? Thanks for making me feel older than I already am. Rotfl

I had a '71 for a number of years. I still miss driving it. No monster funny car clutch though. Work smart - not hard. (B&M Powerslide.) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So much for proof reading...Uh, that would be LEFT leg. I'm still getting over a conversation I had with Darren the other day about right hand drive cars. 17428 He's planning a visit next month and is stressing out about driving on the right (That would be correct) side of the road. Big Grin

The historical plates are BORING. I have a set of original '72 plates for the car but keep forgetting to register them. Maybe next year.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)TomG Wrote: I had with Darren the other day about right hand drive cars. 17428 He's planning a visit next month and is stressing out about driving on the right (That would be correct) side of the road. Big Grin

Hey Darren,

Just remember the driver always sits in the middle of the road..... Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
I have driven in Sweden but in a small town where most roads were really only wide enough for one car! Having the shifter on the wrong side was the most difficult part. However, I think roundabouts would take a lot of concentration!!!

For the amount of time I'm in the US hiring a car isn't really a viable option as it will spend most of its time in the conference venue car park.

'Borrowing' Tom's Chevelle on the other hand just screams viable Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 07:55 PM)Mayhem Wrote: I have driven in Sweden but in a small town where most roads were really only wide enough for one car! Having the shifter on the wrong side was the most difficult part. However, I think roundabouts would take a lot of concentration!!!

For the amount of time I'm in the US hiring a car isn't really a viable option as it will spend most of its time in the conference venue car park.

'Borrowing' Tom's Chevelle on the other hand just screams viable Rotfl

You are welcome to use my lathe, but the Chevelle is strictly off limits. Smiley-nono

Tom
Thanks given by:
Well seeings how cars are the topic of the day, I spent the day with my son his girlfriend and my 6 year old grandson at the all Ford drags in Woodburn Or.
My son competed first time ever at a sectioned event,Smiley-eatdrink004 not street racing.Sweat

his car a 2007 V6 Mustang isn't really very quick mid 15s in the quarter
but his times were very consistent Smiley-signs107 he made it to the 3rd round of eliminations before getting overly confident and smoking his tires off the line and loosing to a 1967 13 sec. Mustang we all had a blast.Smiley-dancenanaThumbsup

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a blast Jerry.

My boys keep bugging me to take mine to the drags, but I'd like to get some enjoyment out it for a while before breaking it. Bash

Tom
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 08:01 PM)TomG Wrote: You are welcome to use my lathe, but the Chevelle is strictly off limits. Smiley-nono

Tom

Hmmmm, new plan:
  1. hide Tom's guns
  2. locate Tom's keys
  3. head for Mexico
Thanks given by:
Charlie was home from film school this week. We started building him a I believe its called a Matt Box. The camera mounts into it with a focus gear train , and a box out front for filters. Anyway started small made the handle. Wanted to try a different locking mechanism for the parts. It is all assembled on 15 mm rods. The commercial ones use split bores with bolts to clamp to the rod. This arrangement locks tighter easier. Still need to make a knurled bolt.
[Image: IMG_0117.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0119.jpg]

Maybe we weren't totally productive but had a good time in the shop. Having tools stay in the shop isn't worth not having him around all the time.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice work there Greg
Thanks given by: