DTI refurb No 2 and a bit
hi well this one is a bit more in depth and its the plunger type this one is from work all thou in good order the plunger was sticking first thing is to remove the indicators this shod a law for the lens to cum out brush the Daile with a good soft brush i use a old shaving brush remove any durt and dust the 4 fixing screws that hold the front on to get to the Daile itself i use Lolly pop sticks to remove the needle then remove the 4 screws holding on the back and remove the dust shield you will gnaw see the movement remove the two screws from the front and the movement will cum out right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Lolly pop sticks, who`d a thunk! Hat`s off to ya man!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2012, 07:18 PM)stevec Wrote: Lolly pop sticks, who`d a thunk! Hat`s off to ya man!

Smiley-signs009
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Bob,

Good one ThumbsupWorthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
thanks for the comments right for the last bit once the movement is out you can get at the plunger remove all fixings from it and slide it out Polish the road with brasso do the polishing by hand and Polish it evenly clean the hosing i use crab cleaner be cerful with this stuff as it removes pant and melts plastic get sum wood doweling that's a snug fit in the tube that the rod runs in and give it a good clean don't be tempted to use emery or any abrasive in this part a light rub with a bit of brasso on the wood shod be sufficient once you have got your rod sliding nice and smooth you can put it all back to together if you have cleaned the movement use interment oil on the pivot's only this is where most people go wrong on this movement it was pre set their is for a beater word a hire spring on all DTI's this must have a pre tension on it this is usually one full turn if you can get a pic of the spring before you dismantle the movement so when you put it back together you can yous it as a reference right more pics

Thanks given by:
right last one on this one the hardest part was opening the thing up in all its OK but had to be striped dawn and cleaned up as its bin a bit wet the leans on this one is OK but its cracked with age i will replace at sum point right pics o and a pic of the tin of plastic cleaner and i have one cuming up on a lathe chuck refit

Thanks given by:
Bob,

You sure do like a challenge and it appears you are up to it. Worthy

Ed
Thanks given by:
well its one of them things i say if its man made then it can be reperd i love bringing old thing back to life
Thanks given by:
Bob,
Very well done (as usual) ThumbsupWorthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: