Harrison L5 lathe rebuild
Looks great Mick!

I still can't believe you can paint all that in your shop without painting the shop as well. That paint must shoot like lacquer.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Beautiful Mick! I venture that it's going to look better than it did in the showroom in '59.
It's a good thing you're across the pond because, even if I just got close to it, it would get soiled. Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 07:48 AM)stevec Wrote: ...even if I just got close to it, it would get soiled. Blush

I had a dog who use to pee when he got excited. He grew out of it though Steve, so there still is hope for you. Alternatively, adult diapers have come a long way and I am led to believe that they are fairly discrete and unobtrusive these days.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 08:11 AM)Mayhem Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 07:48 AM)stevec Wrote: ...even if I just got close to it, it would get soiled. Blush

I had a dog who use to pee when he got excited. He grew out of it though Steve, so there still is hope for you. Alternatively, adult diapers have come a long way and I am led to believe that they are fairly discrete and unobtrusive these days.

I think condoms would work in my case. (Yikes, this is going down hill fast.) Yikes

Ed
Thanks given by:
Some more progress today lad.
Hi Tom that stuff does shoot like laquer ( like the old cellulose type car paint ) I will wipe dust of the shiny red tool box behind lathe to show tomorrow.
Ed and Steve I hope you are suitably prepared for these images ChinRotfl

Started putting a few more bits on but first had to paint various parts red inside the webs on the bed to cabinet cupboards and inside belt guards etc. Thanks to John Doubleboost who has some nice proper old fashioned stinky oil based red paint that went on lovely with a soft brush and roller.
This is what it looks like now, I will be to cover over with a sheet and have the room again to prepare the other parts for round two of the painting.

[Image: Harrison001.jpg]

[Image: Harrison002.jpg]

[Image: Harrison004.jpg]

[Image: Harrison005.jpg]

[Image: Harrison007.jpg]

More to come soon .
Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Damned you Mick. Time for a long cold shower.

Ed
Thanks given by:
It is looking the dogs bolloks now
That red paint really sets things off Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
Your attention to detail is a credit to you WorthyWorthy
John
Thanks given by:
So nice I'd be reluctant to use it cutting metal and making chips that would damage the finish!
Thanks given by:
Top job Mick, that looks fantastic.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I hope that you are only going to turn nylon and other soft plastics - don't want that nasty scratchy metal swarf spoiling the finish Yikes
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: