Wedge type QCTP
(09-09-2012, 02:39 PM)Kaoma Wrote: (would have posted a macro pic but I guess I reached my MB limit, can not add any more pics).

Danny,

You can add more pictures. There is a 15 attachment limit per post. Just do another post and you can add 15 more pictures. I'm working on trying to figure out why your pictures in post #11 are not showing up. Very strange because I can see they are attached but just not showing up in the post.

Yes, Danny is a neat freak, and I envy him for it. I did see his lathe dirty once and scolded him for it so you'll likely not see it that way again. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, you slave driver!AngryRotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Kaoma,

You've got a nice lathe there, way too clean though. ;)

I have a suggestion regarding the growing mass of QCTP holders. If you have no wall nearby, consider making something like this sliding rack that my dad & I figured out (he did all the work) for that bench I see behind it. We found it to be a great way to clear off the shrinking horizontal surfaces around the lathe. ;)

[Image: photobucket-2264-1317518509037.jpg]

BTW, why do you need those long stops on the carriage? You shouldn't need them as long as you're standing in front of the machine watching where it's going as you should be. If you were to add a collet closer or switch to a faceplate for turning between centers, you may not be able to get close enough to the spindle.

Just wondering.
Thanks given by:
See guys, Ed is my witness that the lathe is used. This summer was very hot and humid, daily temp in the garage was 113-115F and di not feel like touching the metal...compounded with daily work from 8am to 10pm, last thing I wanted is work on metals. Soon will cool off and some projects will come to life, also less pay work.
The pictures should be attached to the first post but for whatever reason they got carried onto the second post I mentioned about the oil level. Curious if the pictures will also dissapear from the last post and attached to this one? will see.
Kaoma, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
No chance of infection on my tools, maybe tetanus if I cut myself on them.
This is a clean day.
[Image: IMG_0056.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Just so you guys don't feel bad, here is my lathe when I first got her:

I did go an get a tetanus shot!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
f350ca,

That's one helluva nice, heavy duty lathe! I just adore the powered rapids on the carriage.

Nice!
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 09:17 PM)Kaoma Wrote: The pictures should be attached to the first post but for whatever reason they got carried onto the second post I mentioned about the oil level. Curious if the pictures will also disappear from the last post and attached to this one? will see.

I don't think that's going to happen Danny. They should stay where they are. They are actually attached to your first post but are just not showing up and I've given up on trying to figure out why. This happened one other time and never could figure it out.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 09:26 AM)EdK Wrote: ...I've given up on trying to figure out why. This happened one other time and never could figure it out...

This is why we love Ed - he's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat things!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 09:43 AM)Mayhem Wrote: This is why we love Ed - he's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat things!

I love Ed because he made this awesome forum and is always willing to share his knowledge with a young buck like me! Thumbsup
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by: