My Imported Welder
I was downsizing a couple of years ago and needing some space in my shop I sold my older Miller equip and imported sime new3 from ?China, I hated to do so as I had made so much with my old equip but it was too large of footprint in my smaller shop at home. I will attempt to attach some links to the site I bought it from however if it does not come up riverweld.com should be the site, they also have good prioces on consumables. I just checked the site riverweld.com has been taken over by another entity, these are not the ones I dealt with.
welder, I have all the accessories including foot pedal
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-WSE-200P-AC-D...27b92861c8
plazma cutter
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230V-CUT-60-Inver...27b651fff8

I notice that the last supplier luckwelder has both items listed although the welder shown is not from him he still has the same one. Please note that I have not used the welder to a great extent but what I have it works excellent . The plasma cutter works very well, I have cut 1 inch aluminum plate with it almost like butter, it has to work harder for 1/2 inch steel plate but does it quite well, 3/8 plate cuts like butter.
I made a cart big enough to hold both so the footprint is now the same as my old mig. pic attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
That is a nice looking rig Tom. I love the cart. Smiley-eatdrink004

You definitely have plenty of adjustments for controlling the wave form of your arc. Those little inverters have certainly made great strides compared to the old transformer based welders like I have. Although the big heavy iron cored behemoths do have one benefit over the inverters. They are a whole lot harder to walk off with, when you aren't around. Big Grin

How do the consumables hold up, compared to your former welder?
Willie
Thanks given by:
Hi
Tom
Nice looking sets with plenty of adjustments
I would like a AC DC set
Once you have had a good bit play with it maybe you could give us a review DroolDroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs009 Smiley-signs009

Those combination TIG/plasma cutters look like a very useful tool.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Tom, if you could it might be good if we could see the front control pannel.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
sasquatch, click on the two links in Tom's first post. Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
I also own an import TIG welder. I bought it in 2006 and use it 3-4 times a year. Mine is a Mitec Super 160P. It's a 3 in1 machine. It can TIG weld steel and aluminum, stick weld, and it can plasma cut. I've used for all three except I'm not successful at welding aluminum.

I also started a Yahoo Group for these kinds of machines. If you are interested, there are manuals, photos, and repair hints. There are a few advantages for these machines. They are inexpensive, they weigh around 45 lbs., and they are mostly easy to use. The big disadvantage is that if they break, you have to ship it somewhere to get it repaired. Mine has never failed. I was also able to get torch parts at my local welding shop.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chinese_TI...d=29921054

Henry Arnold
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
I bought a large stock of consumables at about 20% of what I would pay for them here. I said that I have cut 1 inch al and 1/2 inch with my plasma cutter, only small piece to try but that is probably beyond its useful range although it works excellent on 1/4 + 3/8 steel and 1/2 inch alum. I have not done too much with the cutter other than 1/4, the welder does tig on alum with built in high frequency. Consumables I have not yet replaced the tip or shield on the plasma cutter but as a learner which I still am I have burnt several tungsten rods and shields with the tig. Arc welding it has a very stable arc and does not send the rlectric meter spinning like the old miller did. I am confident that I can do anything I need in the future with these two machines. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 10:27 PM)henryarnold Wrote: I also own an import TIG welder. I bought it in 2006 and use it 3-4 times a year. Mine is a Mitec Super 160P. It's a 3 in1 machine. It can TIG weld steel and aluminum, stick weld, and it can plasma cut. I've used for all three except I'm not successful at welding aluminum.

I also started a Yahoo Group for these kinds of machines. If you are interested, there are manuals, photos, and repair hints. There are a few advantages for these machines. They are inexpensive, they weigh around 45 lbs., and they are mostly easy to use. The big disadvantage is that if they break, you have to ship it somewhere to get it repaired. Mine has never failed. I was also able to get torch parts at my local welding shop.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chinese_TI...d=29921054

Henry Arnold

Hi Henry,

I knew you had gotten a TIG welder but forgot it was one of the 3-in-1 type. That looks like a very nice machine. When you say you're not successful at welding aluminum, is that because of the machines capabilities or is it just a learning curve you haven't gotten through yet?

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2012, 12:10 AM)TOM REED Wrote: Arc welding it has a very stable arc and does not send the rlectric meter spinning like the old miller did. I am confident that I can do anything I need in the future with these two machines. tom

You can say that again! My rlectric company just loves me. Rotfl

I'm sure most home shop owners would feel just as confident with those machines. That isn't an outdated tombstone welder sitting there. Although, those things were/are bulletproof for the most part. I had an ancient Lincoln A/C buzz box (huge) that sat there and hummed like the high tension lines at a sub-station. It was spooky. But boy could it put out an arc! Big Grin

I made a trip to the local Horror Fright store yesterday and was looking at their tig offerings. Your welder is much better built with better controls for not much more than what HF was getting for their stuff.

I was actually there to pick up a small air compressor (8 gal., 2HP) that was on sale. My plasma cutter is great for around the house. But it's pretty much useless if I need to use it somewhere else where there is no compressor available. So I just bought one that I could throw in the back of the car if I need to. I'm sure it will only be good for short bursts of cutting, but it's better than nothing. I hope..... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by: