Henrob Torch
Almost 2 yrs ago I had one of these torches given to me, it was complete except for the outer handle which had been lost. At that time "I bought the handle and 1 or 2 tips that I did not have as well as the manual and plastic case totaling under $100.00. I put it together and put it in the case and have never tried using it. Mine is one of the early models built I believe in Germany. Does anyone elseher have one or has anyone else used one of these. They arefairly complex and much smaller than anything that I have used. GIMMICK ????? I will attach a link to the site at which they are available. TOM

http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
I've read a bit about those and people seem to love them. Either that brand or another one that I don't recall at the moment. Smiley-gen163

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yes, that looks like an interesting torch set up. I wouldn't say that the torch itself is a gimmick - but rather that the sales pitch is. Big Grin

Watching the demo videos you can tell that this fella is a VERY experienced welder by the way he props his arms up to establish very controlled and planned out hand movements. His demo of welding thin aluminum sheet looked like a TIG tutorial. I had to laugh when he mentioned the similarity of tig welding at the very end. Rotfl

The guy is GOOD! Which is why HE makes it look so easy. Chin
As far as his claims of a "regular" torch set not being able to perform some of the same tasks like cutting thin sheet cleanly.... Bleh
I've sliced off plenty of crimped on slip fit exhaust system fittings, mufflers, etc., with a full size cutting torch set without ever nicking the inner pipe. So that is nothing unique to their product.

I would like to see a demo of his claim of welding 1 inch thick aluminum with that torch. Again, I'm not knocking the product - just the infomercial. Big Grin

But I'm not a fan of buying proprietary equipment with pricy replacement parts either. Learned my lesson with IBM back in the 80's..... Bash
Willie
Thanks given by:
nothing that you can't do with a regular torch and the right gas and flux
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Another torch that sparks my interest is the meco torch, it does not do any cutting but is very small and lightweight for fine work, I have just ordered a catalogue from the distributor. Anyone have or used one of these??? tom

https://www.tinmantech.com/html/meco_midget_torch.php
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
got one I've had for about 45 years great on small stuff, I only got one tip with mine, I hardly ever use it, don't work on jewelery
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
It never pays to underestimate the value of small tools, providing the hoses aren't too restrictive these seem to be a pleasure to use, but by all accounts the cutting solution is a bit of an after thought.

Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: