Laminated Step Blocks
Tom
Good stuff ThumbsupWorthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
nice thing about them is that I can make em with out my busted mill BashBashRotfl
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
DA, with my busted shaper and your busted mill maybe we should start a web site for disfunctional machine tools?
RotflSmiley-dancenanaRotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2012, 01:38 PM)dallen Wrote: nice thing about them is that I can make em with out my busted mill BashBashRotfl

But do you need laminated step blocks if your milling machine is busted?Slaphead

Just kidding
regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2012, 10:42 AM)Rickabilly Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 01:38 PM)dallen Wrote: nice thing about them is that I can make em with out my busted mill BashBashRotfl

But do you need laminated step blocks if your milling machine is busted?Slaphead

Just kidding
regards
Rick

could of used them years ago on the drill press but wasn't smart enough to figure out how to make emBashBashBashBash

and like someone said they could be used to take up slack in the vise on the saw for really short stuff

Thanks given by:
(09-20-2012, 07:43 AM)stevec Wrote: DA, with my busted shaper and your busted mill maybe we should start a web site for disfunctional machine tools?
RotflSmiley-dancenanaRotfl

Steve I got a 5 X 8 band saw we can add to the collection, can't have a dysfunctional machine shop without a Horizontal Band Saw now can we Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana

Thanks given by:
W'ere on! What a sad success!Bleh
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I got another one for the pile a 16 inch Cincinnati Shaper that has the shaft bores all wallowed out from lack of lube, and the cross feed for the table is all busted up. and I'm not to sure about the electric motor as its an old three phase that some one hung a static converter on that scares me to just look at it, much less than think about putting power to it. Bawling

Thanks given by: stevec
I'll contribute the arbor press. It works fine, but it's buried so deep I can't get there to use it...
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2012, 03:04 PM)dallen Wrote: I got another one for the pile a 16 inch Cincinnati Shaper that has the shaft bores all wallowed out from lack of lube, and the cross feed for the table is all busted up. and I'm not to sure about the electric motor as its an old three phase that some one hung a static converter on that scares me to just look at it, much less than think about putting power to it. Bawling

At least you've got a machine to fix, so many guys out there are trying to find shapers and even considering building from scratch, fixing these machines is a whole lot more efficient that trying to build one and invariably you will end up with a better tool at the end, the big leap is always that first step and then deciding where to stop, that is full restoration or just fix the faults that are preventing use.
I know how daunting it can be starting a big repair but unless you give it a go ...

and we do have a great resource here with so many experienced machine repairers.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: