Help I need help with Buckles!!
Shocked 
Hello, I'm new to metal working when it comes to smelting/casting. I have worked with sheet metal on multiple occasions, and my soldiering skills are not the greatest. But more than anything, I just want to create some 18th century shoe buckles. I have found some graphs of the components which go into it, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how to create these myself. I've heard that they are indeed casted, either with wood, or wax, but would there be a way to create them using sheet metal? 🤔 If not, what would be the recommended method of creating such buckles? 

Thanks given by:
Metal casting is a hobby unto itself. Takes a lot of specialized equipment, such as a forge, ladle, forms, etc. Your best bet for good advice on the subject is probably https://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/

In order to make the cavity, you can use many different methods and materials, but if I were to try my hand at it, I'd probably make a model in 3D and print it in plastic.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
What I normally do is take a block of plastic and machine it to what I want for a final product, or as close as I can get to that. Then I make a mold from that. NOTE: I normally work with silicone molds and plastic resin. I haven't done any metal casting since high school (long long ago).
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Almost forgot, Welcome to the Forum!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: