Latest Delivery
LinuxCNC didn't do it. It won't talk to machines on USB. Grrr. Blew an entire day and evening discovering that.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
A friend's dad who has just sold the family home of 45 years and is downsizing, very kindly gave me these the other day. He's someone who has always bought quality.

Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Even better, this is what I caught up with Steve for the other week. My Christmas present from my good lady; a nice granite chopping board for the kitchen.

This particular chopping board is 400x600mm, 100mm thick and is certified flat to two one-thousandths of a mm. Steve gave me a heads-up that he had got onto an importer with a price that could not be ignored. I'm happy as a pig in mud.

Thanks given by:
(12-25-2017, 10:56 PM)Vinny Wrote: Grrr. Blew an entire day and evening discovering that.

Good thing you've just given yourself more days than you'll know what to do with Vinny.

Thanks given by:
(12-25-2017, 03:39 PM)wawoodman Wrote: Very cool, Vinnie!

I'll say better than a gold watch

Big Grin
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(12-25-2017, 10:56 PM)Vinny Wrote: LinuxCNC didn't do it.  It won't talk to machines on USB.  Grrr.  Blew an entire day and evening discovering that.

When I tried to install LinuxCNC on a laptop it didn't work because LinuxCNC doesn't like 3.3v parports.
Flosi Guðmundsson

Thanks given by:
3.3v parport isn't a problem on this laptop. It doesn't even have a parport! You can have any kind of port you want on this one, as long as it's USB.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
Got this today mainly for doing plastic.

[Image: facemill.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Details and where from? Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Ebay. $27.49 with free shipping. Since I'm only using it for plastic I coulda settled for one that was only $5, but then I'd have to wait till it got here from China. Since this is the down time for China (Chinese New Year) that woulda been too long of a wait. It also came without an arbor so I grabbed a hunk of stainless I had laying around (Speedy Metals Fire Sale item) and made one up last nite. No pics of the arbor, didn't think of it till after it was attached and on the mill.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50mm-Face-Mill-...2749.l2649
Thanks given by: