Latest Delivery
I understand the ribbing, but I guess none of you understand the basis of the question.

Unlike the brazed carbide tool shown, a CCGT/CCMT insert with it's 80º included angle and be used for turning and facing without rotating the tool 90º. It cuts EXACTLY the same going along a face as it does turning along a diameter.

The only use I'd have for a left hand tool that holds a "C" shape-designation insert is if I was doing a lot of large diameter but shallow I.D. work, or had some very heavy-duty back-turning task that I couldn't handle with the left hand DNMG and VNMG holders I have.
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2012, 03:21 PM)stevec Wrote: Ed, what do you suppose "the brown truck guy" did with the rest of your order?
Sorry, just my anti UPS side showing.
By the way, I today picked up some brazed carbide lathe tools that I bought from "pawindustrial" (Ebay store). The return address was Canadian and the postage meter stamp was "Canada Post" but the box was USPS Priority Post. I'm not complaining 'cause that meant there was no "Customs Canada Crap" and therefore no taxes and "processing fee"
I'm just curious. I have some carbide endmills on order from "pawindustrial" and I'll report back when I get the notice in the mail and go pick them up.
All this blather just to let my Canajun brothers know there is a potential supplier down in Champlain NY (very close to Canada)
More to follow.

Andrew, from Paw Industries has a house in Montreal, so he ships US orders from Champlain and Canadian orders from Montreal. Yes works good for the customs. I have dealt with him a few times and been happy with the service.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-17-2013, 07:37 AM)PixMan Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, why would you need a left hand version of that tool? I'm just curious how or where you plan on using it.

The left hand tool comes in handy when you have to face or turn a part towards the tailstock, I use one quite often.

I have the 7 piece M100DEX set in CC_T and the 4 piece M100DEX set in DC_T both in 1/2" shanks and have most of them set up in QCTP tool holders for quick change overs. Some of them have the __G_ inserts for Copper, plastics and other non-ferrous metals and the others have __M_ inserts for steels.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by: EdK
Ah Yes, beautiful downtown Champlain, NY, a McDonalds, 4 truck stops, 60 houses, a UPS distribution center and about 400 warehouse units.
jack
Thanks given by:
This is the type of application I was envisioning, left image, when I bought the tool. Now that I think about it though, you could accomplish that task using a right hand tool. Ken is correct, I don't need the left hand tool. Bash

Ed

Thanks given by:
"I don't need the left hand tool."
Except if you have a part like the first sketch with less distance between the larger diameters than the length of your right handed tool plus it's tool post etc.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2013, 08:08 AM)stevec Wrote: "I don't need the left hand tool."
Except if you have a part like the first sketch with less distance between the larger diameters than the length of your right handed tool plus it's tool post etc.

Good point Steve. I'll be keeping the tool. It won't be used very often but at least I'll have it if I need it. Anyway, there are probably other lathe tools I should have gotten before this one but so be it. 5176

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, i,m sure ALL of us have bought a tool we thought was needed, but hasn't been used much.

(Myself included.) -(it is FUN though to get a new box and open it!!)
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
(01-18-2013, 07:22 AM)EdK Wrote: This is the type of application I was envisioning, left image, when I bought the tool. Now that I think about it though, you could accomplish that task using a right hand tool. Ken is correct, I don't need the left hand tool. Bash

Ed

My doors are always open to orphaned tool holders, Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana

have a bunch of one inch ones that I have either cut down or cut dovetails in so that they will fit my tool holders on directly onto the Aloris Tool post itself.

DA

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Ed, You could always make a fly cutter to hold it. However, I'm unsure if they make the CCGT/CCMT insets in a grade that would like the interrupted cuts.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.