Latest Delivery
(01-18-2013, 07:22 AM)EdK Wrote: This is the type of application I was envisioning, left image, when I bought the tool. Now that I think about it though, you could accomplish that task using a right hand tool. Ken is correct, I don't need the left hand tool. Bash

Ed

Ed on your first picture, move the two major diameters together so that they are abour 3/4" apart, then see if you can stuff picture two in there to make the cut! No you may not need to use that holder that often, but I find it is often enough that I keep it in a QCTP tool holder all the time, ready for action when needed.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by: EdK
Well I guess ignorance really is bliss. I have a couple of lefties and I use them. And I turn them every which way to Sunday if I need to in order to clear a path to use them. I guess if Jeff Foxworthy was a machinist, he would have a field day with me. Rotfl

[Image: th_Right_Left.jpg] [Image: th_LH_Shoulder.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2013, 10:34 AM)starlight_tools Wrote: Ed on your first picture, move the two major diameters together so that they are abour 3/4" apart, then see if you can stuff picture two in there to make the cut! No you may not need to use that holder that often, but I find it is often enough that I keep it in a QCTP tool holder all the time, ready for action when needed.

Walter
Walter, didn't I just say that in my post?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Ed, You might even try mounting it upside down and run the spindle in reverse???
Or, mount it in a rear toolpost on the cross slide.
It's starting to sound like a real worthwhile purchase. Big Grin
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2013, 12:21 PM)stevec Wrote:
(01-18-2013, 10:34 AM)starlight_tools Wrote: Ed on your first picture, move the two major diameters together so that they are abour 3/4" apart, then see if you can stuff picture two in there to make the cut! No you may not need to use that holder that often, but I find it is often enough that I keep it in a QCTP tool holder all the time, ready for action when needed.

Walter
Walter, didn't I just say that in my post?

Yup, I thought I heard an echo. Happyyes

Ed
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2013, 12:25 PM)stevec Wrote: Ed, You might even try mounting it upside down and run the spindle in reverse???
Or, mount it in a rear toolpost on the cross slide.
It's starting to sound like a real worthwhile purchase. Big Grin

Yeah, I'm not feeling so bad about getting it now.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Awright bud! I figure since we love this site so much we gotta keep YOU happy.
Where's the smily for suck -up? Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2013, 04:55 PM)stevec Wrote: Awright bud! I figure since we love this site so much we gotta keep YOU happy.
Where's the smily for suck -up? Rotfl

Right back atcha. Rotfl
Thanks given by:
Used my left hand holder today to part the yoke off a driveshaft. Had the shaft in the headstock and needed to cut left to right up against a shoulder while removing the old weld. Don't think any other tool would have worked.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
I have 5 or 6 left hand tools, of various insert configurations, I don't use them often, but there are times when they are a lifesaver.
jack