Bandsaw Projects
A couple of interesting projects for the bandsaw.

Ed

.pdf   Bandsaw Blade Welder.pdf (Size: 983.08 KB / Downloads: 62)

.pdf   Sawfeed1.pdf (Size: 285.78 KB / Downloads: 57)
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed.

I've been pondering the idea of making a bandsaw welder and this article will be a big help. That's a pretty scary transformer they've wound, with its four turn secondary! Yikes

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Could you use an arc welder for the power supply? Build the clamps and feed it with the welder
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2012, 01:03 PM)f350ca Wrote: Could you use an arc welder for the power supply? Build the clamps and feed it with the welder

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work Greg, they are only talking 100-200 amps. Chin

If nothing else, that would be a good source of power until the details of the clamping and feed mechanism can be worked out.

Tom
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2012, 01:08 PM)TomG Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 01:03 PM)f350ca Wrote: Could you use an arc welder for the power supply? Build the clamps and feed it with the welder

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work Greg, they are only talking 100-200 amps. Chin

If nothing else, that would be a good source of power until the details of the clamping and feed mechanism can be worked out.

Tom

I think that officially sounds like a project Tom. Pictures and schematics will be forthcoming I assume? Happyyes

Ed
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2012, 03:41 PM)EdK Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 01:08 PM)TomG Wrote:

Tom

I think that officially sounds like a project Tom. Pictures and schematics will be forthcoming I assume? Happyyes

Ed

Absolutely Ed, I'll get right on it! Whip

I've actually been thinking about it for a while so I should probably sit down and model up some of my ideas.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Perhaps one could make a small unit that would use perhaps a motorcycle battery or maybe an old battery charger transformer using this feed method, I have also thought of mig welding the joint. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
There seems to be no consistent answer as to "can you do bimetal blades with a regular carbon blade welder". Comments are from "no problem" to "very interesting spark and light show".

There are also many suggestions to silver solder them, TIG weld them and even mention of MIG welding them. Depending on the method 30 to 40 amps seems to be all that is being used ... along with more skill that I can probably come up with.

Me ... I just buy them pre-made.
Thanks given by:
I silver solder mine now and they work just fine. The only problem is that takes too much time to taper the blades and align them for soldering. A resistance butt weld is much quicker.

Tom
Thanks given by:
No more projects until the Steven's is finished Tom! After holding it I am really looking forward to seeing it finished (especially the finish).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: