Kurt Klone Kwality
Saw an excellent pictorial process of a milling machine vice being renderred worthwhile from scrap.
4" Kurt clone rebuild
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Who says you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

This is a great example of why it pays to buy brand name tools, or at least used tools of known quality. Most hobby machinists would never even realize how bad that vise was and spend years on forums like this trying to figure out why they can't make square parts. The scary part is, the factory that made that vise is probably making machine tools as well. Yikes

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I've seen that before. I bookmarked it to run my two Enco vises through the same process, less the surface grinder aspect.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Just waiting for the SG acquisition eh Ed? Me too!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2012, 09:55 AM)stevec Wrote: Just waiting for the SG acquisition eh Ed? Me too!

Yes, I would love to have a SG, and will eventually. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Wow. I had been going to get one of those, but I certainly don't want another project. Guess I'll save my money and keep saving for something better.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Amazing what a coat of bondo and paint can hide.

Ed
Thanks given by:
My 4inch vise appears to be ok, so far, i often wondered about it breaking from overtightning it, which i try not to do.

One thing that is just horrible on these vises is the "CLUB" of a handle they come with!!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
I am sure glad I bought my 6 inch VERTEX rather than one of those pieces of junk. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
That is flipping amazing! It looks like it would kind of be a fun project but definitely a lot of work I'm sure!
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by: